• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Nintendo Announces "Wii U"

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i cannot see myself picking up one of these...

Seth

MD Party Room
Did they mention how much those controllers were going to retail for? Those things look expensive to replace.

Nope not as far as I can tell.

GPUX

I'm more interested in the main unit's specs, they've already revealed that it's powered by an AMD GPU and IBM Processor but are refraining on releasing the technical details.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
He said in the conference that the games weren't made yet. How could there be any footage of them?
there is demo footage out there, some of which looks pretty impressive to me (this for example), so i dont see why they needed to pad their conference using xbox 360 and ps3 footage.

and no, i havent been able to watch all of e3, ive mostly been watching highlights.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I went hands on with it today. The controller feels quite good, it's big but not bulky. The screen is impressive too, razor sharp and no lag. I'll write up some extended impressions later as I'm on my phone atm, overall though I really like it.

TeamOverload

Ha, just saying I think that news story is making things look much worse than they are for Nintendo from several news sources, and this is coming from someone still on the fence about the product. Fact of the matter is, we're still a year plus away from launch, I'm not sure what these investors would have wanted to see, to make them react more favorably.

El Diablo

More like the Wii Ew :p.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
x3sphere and I had hands-on today so we'll be writing our impressions shortly, just trying to get a video up right now. The platform itself is a great idea but most of the games they've been showing off can already be done, just on a different platform (say a DS/3DS) although this brings it into the living room under a single console.

Was tell x3sphere...it's just a big living room sized DS...which it sort of is. All the tech demos/prototypes were fun to play regardless and I would love to go back again and play tomorrow but we still have BF3 to get too and a few other games which have really long lines

Edit: x3sphere playing Chase Mii demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIHthm4jw4