• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Nintendo of Europe Lets Go of 130 Employees

David Sanchez

Nintendo-Logo.jpg

Hard times are affecting Nintendo's European arm as the company is letting go of 130 employees in its German offices and shutting down an entire warehouse. Ouch!

As indicated by GamesIndustry International, the Großostheim office will close down in what has been described as a financial move. This major decision will also have an impact on Nintendo's office in Frankfurt.

Nintendo released a statement, saying, "The measures include the consolidation of the current European headquarters in Großostheim (Germany) to Frankfurt (Germany), the closure of the warehouse and office in Großostheim, as well as outsourcing and reorganising some functions."

It's a shame that a total of 130 jobs were lost at Nintendo, but it was kind of obvious that something like this would happen.

Continue reading...

omnipotent

That is because wii u is very lousy name for a next gen console. The ds was easy to recognize dual screen, 3ds is good for third dimension but it would end up being 3dds third dimension dual screen . So what is a u? Maybe should have been wii 2 tab or something that speaks.about new system with tablet. Not hey it's just a wii with a new controller. I have the system and like it. I have two ds lites, 3ds, 3dsxl, wii, wii u, gba, nes,and snes. No Xbox. For sony I have ps1,ps2, three ps3s, three 1000 psps, 2000 psp, ps vita.