• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nintendo Switch playtime tracking

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 6.46.23 PM.png

We're excited to announce that we've added support for tracking Nintendo Switch playtime on the site!

A field to enter in your Switch Friend Code should now appear under the Service Details list on your account page. The friend code entered here should match what is shown on your Switch - i.e. SW-1839-0856-9768.

Additionally, before entering in your friend code, ensure your privacy setting for the activity log is set to "All Players" as shown in the screenshots below.

As always please let us know if you experience any issues! If all games are not shown after adding your FC for the first time, try running a manual scan.

Limitations we've noticed

The data is retrieved from the Switch activity/play log. This does not seem to be a comprehensive list of all play activity, since you can clear it and Nintendo seems to cap the maximum amount of items shown. However, if a game isn't showing up for some reason, just playing it should allow our trackers to see it. If it still doesn't show, let us know, as perhaps we are missing data for the game.

Retro games (such as NES Classics) seem to be grouped into a single entry called "Nintendo Switch Online" and aren't shown individually in the play log. Therefore,
there does not seem to be a way to retrive information on these.

Changing your Switch Friend Code will effectively pause any updates on your profile. You'll have to enter in the new Friend Code from your account page - we can't detect changes automatically.

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

Last edited:

D4n1v4l

That sounds really cool. Can or will the Nintendo section also appear in the general overview or will it still only be accessible via Non-Tracked?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That sounds really cool. Can or will the Nintendo section also appear in the general overview or will it still only be accessible via Non-Tracked?
Appears in the general overview now. Like the other services there's a specific tab for Nintendo if you look on my profile page as an example

If you've manually added games from other platforms (3DS, Wii U etc) we're looking into the possibility of including them under the Nintendo tab as well, considering those will not likely ever be trackable.

RetroGamingJP

Amazing work! Subscribed to premium.

I'd really like an option to include other Nintendo games and manually added Switch games into the Nintendo tab (in the profile platform options).
At the moment I see manually added titles are displayed as Non-Tracked so I can't view them all at once after filtering per platform...

Retodon8

Neat. I have 2 rows of gaming platforms on my profile page now. :) I happen to be visiting my family who actually own the switch I played some Mario Party Superstars with them on my previous visit. Seems to work just fine. (Hmm, I know played some Luigi's Mansion 3 too, but maybe that was before I made my account or something.)

The friend code I entered in the Service Details form is "SW-" followed by 16 decimal digits, but now the form shows a hexadecimal number instead, which is also part of the URL of my Switch page. I'm a bit curious about that.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Neat. I have 2 rows of gaming platforms on my profile page now. :) I happen to be visiting my family who actually own the switch I played some Mario Party Superstars with them on my previous visit. Seems to work just fine. (Hmm, I know played some Luigi's Mansion 3 too, but maybe that was before I made my account or something.)

The friend code I entered in the Service Details form is "SW-" followed by 16 decimal digits, but now the form shows a hexadecimal number instead, which is also part of the URL of my Switch page. I'm a bit curious about that.
It's the user ID. Fortunately Nintendo provides that so if you were to change your friend code and enter in the new one, we would be able to match it up with your existing profile and not create a new entry in the database. Though user lookups can only be done with the actual friend code, so that's why we can't automatically detect an FC change (This is a good decision on their part though for privacy reasons).

Last edited:

D4n1v4l

Appears in the general overview now. Like the other services there's a specific tab for Nintendo if you look on my profile page as an example

If you've manually added games from other platforms (3DS, Wii U etc) we're looking into the possibility of including them under the Nintendo tab as well, considering those will not likely ever be trackable.

So. Premium reactivated again, and what can I say?! Totally awesome idea. I really like it, because now you can finally see the games of the Nintendo Switch in the overview. Great work. Thanks for that.

Retodon8

It's the user ID. Fortunately Nintendo provides that so if you were to change your friend code and enter in the new one, we would be able to match it up with your existing profile and not create a new entry in the database. Though user lookups can only be done with the actual friend code, so that's why we can't automatically detect an FC change (This is a good decision on their part though for privacy reasons).
I thought it probably must have something to do with privacy, but couldn't see how. Thanks for the explanation. 👍

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@x3sphere so question do the switch games add to our total games owned on our profiles? And do manual added game increase that number as well?
Any tracked Switch games do add to the total. Manually added games do not yet, though that is planned eventually.

Gamer Steve

Awesome that would be great especially since the leader boards do not go by amount of games manually added game would affect it.

Also manually completed games...like switch games or steam games that do not have achievements or any game that doesnt have achievements...are they gonna be added to our total completed games as well? I think that would be great of it could.

VirinR

This made me upgrade to Premium right away! Although I'm not active on the forums here, I use Exophase a lot as I have both a PS5 and an XSS.
I added my Switch FC to my profile and only one game from the 'most recent play activity list' was not picked up (Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01). Could you add this game to the database?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This made me upgrade to Premium right away! Although I'm not active on the forums here, I use Exophase a lot as I have both a PS5 and an XSS.
I added my Switch FC to my profile and only one game from the 'most recent play activity list' was not picked up (Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01). Could you add this game to the database?
Thanks, added now!

mcnichoj

I got a list of stuff that isn't scanning:
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Demo Version)
MetaChampions
Mario Tennis Aces: Special Online Demo
Arena of Valor(BETA)
DRAGON BALL FighterZ Open Beta
Splatoon 2: Special Demo
Knockout City Cross-Play Beta
DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED NETWORK TEST VER.
Funimation

Expect a few more posts of missing games but great new feature added to the site. Good job as always.

Edit: Right after I posted nearly all of them showed up. Kirby Demo still isn't scanning though, tried with two different manual scan batches. Originally I thought it might be due to the system detecting a redundancy with already having the full version of Kirby but the site has no problem picking up Klonoa and knowing it was the demo version and reflecting this on here by not having a game icon picture.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got a list of stuff that isn't scanning:
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Demo Version)
MetaChampions
Mario Tennis Aces: Special Online Demo
Arena of Valor(BETA)
DRAGON BALL FighterZ Open Beta
Splatoon 2: Special Demo
Knockout City Cross-Play Beta
DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED NETWORK TEST VER.
Funimation

Expect a few more posts of missing games but great new feature added to the site. Good job as always.

Edit: Right after I posted nearly all of them showed up. Kirby Demo still isn't scanning though, tried with two different manual scan batches. Originally I thought it might be due to the system detecting a redundancy with already having the full version of Kirby but the site has no problem picking up Klonoa and knowing it was the demo version and reflecting this on here by not having a game icon picture.
Should be good now.

FlameMan

Looks great! But few Switch games have Xbox achievements. I suppose that both will be shown independently as two different entries, one for Xbox achievements and second for Switch played time. But is it possible to show them as one entry (like both connectors will be saving data in one game)? At least four Nintendo games will have proper achievement system.

The list of Switch games with Xbox achievement system:
  • The Bard's Tale ARPG : Remastered and Resnarkled
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Minecraft
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Retodon8

Huh! I didn't know you could unlock Xbox achievements on the Switch. :)
Technically these are Xbox achievements, so by default they would show up on the Xbox section of your Exophase profile, separate from your gameplay on the Switch section of your profile, unless the developers manually tied them together somehow.