• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nintendo Switch playtime tracking

Not for long as Stadia is shutting down on the 19th x
I was referring to learning about the Nintendo Friend Code versus User ID. You're talking about Google Stadia shutting down. I don't follow. I think you may have quoted the wrong post?

Says the Switch sync is down due to large number of new members. Haha. I did see a video on YouTube that brought me here so...
Yes it looks like we got another spike in users today. Things seem back to normal now though. If your profile update didn't go through the first time, just run a manual scan afterwards - those are queued so won't overload the system.

Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question, but how does it grab your game info from your friend code?
It fetches the data from the same activity log on Switch - when you search for a user by friend code it shows the last 20 games they've played.

In general not really much different from how we connect to other services. For the most part, the same APIs used on the consoles themselves are what we use.

It fetches the data from the same activity log on Switch - when you search for a user by friend code it shows the last 20 games they've played.

In general not really much different from how we connect to other services. For the most part, the same APIs used on the consoles themselves are what we use.
That's cool, thank you! Other apps I've heard of required actually being friends which was part of my curiosity.

Hi, I'm working with Switch API too, trying to get user's games list for my Ukrainian website. Can you please share which API are you using? I've figured out how to login through API, make all tokens, get info about logged-in user, but can't fetch other users' activity. I've found this endpoint - /v3/Friend/GetUserByFriendCode, but always receiving error saying "Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.". I'm sending friendCode in json.params, and api login token in Bearer header. I'd be really thankful if you help me.

View attachment 12447

We're excited to announce that we've added support for tracking Nintendo Switch playtime on the site!

A field to enter in your Switch Friend Code should now appear under the Service Details list on your account page. The friend code entered here should match what is shown on your Switch - i.e. SW-1839-0856-9768.

Additionally, before entering in your friend code, ensure your privacy setting for the activity log is set to "All Players" as shown in the screenshots below.

As always please let us know if you experience any issues! If all games are not shown after adding your FC for the first time, try running a manual scan.

Limitations we've noticed

The data is retrieved from the Switch activity/play log. This does not seem to be a comprehensive list of all play activity, since you can clear it and Nintendo seems to cap the maximum amount of items shown. However, if a game isn't showing up for some reason, just playing it should allow our trackers to see it. If it still doesn't show, let us know, as perhaps we are missing data for the game.

Retro games (such as NES Classics) seem to be grouped into a single entry called "Nintendo Switch Online" and aren't shown individually in the play log. Therefore,
there does not seem to be a way to retrive information on these.

Changing your Switch Friend Code will effectively pause any updates on your profile. You'll have to enter in the new Friend Code from your account page - we can't detect changes automatically.

View attachment 12444

View attachment 12446
Hello,

I created my account 2-3 weeks ago and linked various platforms. Among them, I linked my switch account by entering my friend code. The playtime was updated into my Exophase profile without issues.

However, one week ago or so it stopped updating. I have run a manual sync a few times, throughout different days, but it won't get updated.

I have also made sure that my play activity settings in my switch's profile is configured to visibility "all users", and I have removed my friend code from the exophase profile, save, for afterwards adding it and running a manual scan again but it never gets updated.

Any idea what may be happening?

To add, it was more or less at the same time I created a second profile in the switch for other person, and this new profile is not linked to my nintendo account.
Just wondering whether it may be related? Maybe the second profile is making crazy or something

Thanks very much,

Last edited:
Hello,

I created my account 2-3 weeks ago and linked various platforms. Among them, I linked my switch account by entering my friend code. The playtime was updated into my Exophase profile without issues.

However, one week ago or so it stopped updating. I have run a manual sync a few times, throughout different days, but it won't get updated.

I have also made sure that my play activity settings in my switch's profile is configured to visibility "all users", and I have removed my friend code from the exophase profile, save, for afterwards adding it and running a manual scan again but it never gets updated.

Any idea what may be happening?

To add, it was more or less at the same time I created a second profile in the switch for other person, and this new profile is not linked to my nintendo account.
Just wondering whether it may be related? Maybe the second profile is making crazy or something

Thanks very much,
Adding the second profile may have had something to do with it, however I do see recent activity on your profile here. There are a few games showing a last played date from this week. In any case, it is matching the data that shows up on Switch when searching for your friend code there so I don't see any issues.

Adding the second profile may have had something to do with it, however I do see recent activity on your profile here. There are a few games showing a last played date from this week. In any case, it is matching the data that shows up on Switch when searching for your friend code there so I don't see any issues.
Indeed, my exophase profile registers activity even from yesterday, I realized that before, which makes it even stranger.

The issue is mostly with Zelda. It shows now 16 hours and 40 minutes, but its' been like this for many days and, for example, I played yesterday for an hour (among other days). I checked a few times but it is stuck in 16h40m

What about if I link the second switch profile to my nintendo account? Is that possible? Not sure it may affect my other profile or whether one nintendo account can be linked to two profiles within the same console.

Thanks in advance,

As a big fan of steam ladder would it be possible to have a leaderboard of time played with switch games playtime tracking?

Back