• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

No "delay" for the NA/EU release of FFXIII - It's still on schedule

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
f_487bad1d2cbm_08d195e.png

OXCGN takes a look at the misinformation regarding the suggested delay in the release of upcoming FFXIII for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Their article disproves the statement that the game will be looking at a delay, with both facts and statements showing that it is in fact on schedule and no different to the last three iterations of Final Fantasy release schedules since 2001. They go on to say that North American and European gamers will just have to be patient, and that they can guarantee that there won't be a longer delay between versions than what has been released in the past.

Follow the link to their page and check out the facts and quotes from the reputable people at Square Enix regarding FFXIII's official release information.

Source

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm just glad the PS3 is region free so I won't have to wait 3-5 months for them to translate English to English for the UK version. I understand the delay for the rest of Europe as it actually does need translating to other languages but delaying the UK because of that is just mean.

/me continues to wait for Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories to NOT be translated for a UK release

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
Dialects and accents vary from place to place in the United Kingdom, so I assume that they would need to change it into a uniform variation of British English.

Serideth

Now I'm getting excited about this, getting a full time job so I'll be getting all my consoles back.

twelve

I'm not dead
Dialects and accents vary from place to place in the United Kingdom, so I assume that they would need to change it into a uniform variation of British English.

They never have done in the past. We get US English.

Only reason there is a delay is because they have to translate to French, Spanish, German etc for the rest of Europe. If the UK wasn't part of Europe they'd probably just release it at the same time as the US.