• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP No trophies for the PSP - Official

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
When questioned by Joystiq, Sony's Director of Hardware Eric Lempel had this to say about Trophy support on the PSP:

With Sony's Trophy system coming up on its one-year anniversary this month, we were eager to learn how Sony could enhance the service, leveraging the PlayStation brand and distancing itself from the Xbox 360's Achievements system. So, during E3 last week, we asked Eric Lempel

Slasher

Suck It
Oh cute, blame it on us homebrewers :p

Oh well, I could care less if trophies are introduced onto the PSP or not. Doesn't affect me either way since I don't take many PSP games seriously in that sense. It's not like it effects my gameplaying experience.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
One thing I forgot to add... Why do people cheat anyways? I never really understood it... Do they think they're good because they're cheating?

Bleh... Just wondering...

Adiuvo

It's understandable, and nobody can blame them for what happened. I never expected trophies on a portable device anyways.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
One thing I forgot to add... Why do people cheat anyways? I never really understood it... Do they think they're good because they're cheating?

When I was younger, I used the common button press or riddle cheats if I tried and tried and tried to pass a level in a game but couldn't (example: in GTA 3 you might need a specific weapon for a mission and you don't have enough money to buy it and it can't be found, so you would use the "GUNS" cheat code).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's fair. Sony is blaming on homebrew but honestly they have every right to. You know people would find ways to artificially inflate their trophy rankings, no matter how hard Sony tries to secure it, due to the fact that the security on PSP has been blown wide open. At least Lempel was being honest here and didn't try to evade the question.

irekski

just irekski

Bleh... Just wondering...

lol... common sense mr kezra they cheat cause they are no good at all...

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM EST ----------

When I was younger, I used the common button press or riddle cheats if I tried and tried and tried to pass a level in a game but couldn't (example: in GTA 3 you might need a specific weapon for a mission and you don't have enough money to buy it and it can't be found, so you would use the "GUNS" cheat code).

you can get money in gta3 by blowing stuff up how hard is that?!