• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Noobie FAQs

Darkchild

The Doctor
There have been lots of repeated posts always asking the same thing, so here's the usual questions:

1. I have a PSP(or mine is bricked) and I want to put a CFW in it!! How do i do it?

(users with bricked PSPS ignore this part!)

Do You have a firmware that is equal or lower than 3.50?
If the answer is yes, read ahead to FAQ 6!
If not, keep reading!

(users with bricked PSPS start reading! Note: The following is NOT intended only for bricked psps!)

Do you know anyone who has a Homebrew enabled PSP (preferrably a fat)?
-If the answer is yes, go to FAQ 2!
-If not, do you have a Datel Tool Battery? if so go to FAQ 7! If not, if you have a Pandora battery but need help making a magic memory stick go to FAQ 7!
-If still not, here's your last chance, proceed to FAQ 10!

2. Ok! So I have a friend with a Homebrew enabled PSP! Now what?
Great! You're very lucky! Go get that friend of yours, we're gonna do some magic! :D

First of all, you will need to make a Pandora Battery

HERE'S
the tutorial on how to make one

Be sure to follow each step carefully!
And be sure to note that, certain batteries and PSP models don't work!

There is a new Motherboard (TA-085v2/TA-087/TA-088 if I'm not mistaken) that won't make Pandoras!

After making the Pandora battery, put the magic memory stick and the battery on the PSP

Turn on that PSP and follow the instructions (on screen) to install the CFW!

Now go and get some coffee, installation may take a while ;)

3. Ok! I have the Custom firmware! Now what?
Read FAQ 9! then come back here :D

Our very own XsavioR wrote a tutorial on how to use it HERE

And that's about it! You are now ready to go! :D
Enjoy! :D

4. OH NOES! MY PSP GAVE ME THE ########## ERROR! WHAT DO I DO?

err...Calm down and go HERE.
Don't be scared, we're here to help!

5. OH NOES! MY PSP IS BRICKED WHAT DO I DO?
Read this guide from the start, it will help you out!

6. I have a firmware version bellow or equal to 3.50, what do I need to do to get to the newest custom firmware?
Ok, depending on your firmware version, you may need to use different exploits and/or guides:

• 3.50 (You will need a copy of Lumines to do this!)
  • 3.03 (You will need an unpatched copy of GTA : LCS to do this!)
  • <2.71 (Upgrade to 2.71 for a safer downgrade!, less chances of bricking your PSP!)
7. I have no access to another homebrew-enabled PSP, but I bought a Datel tool battery to use as a Pandora's battery, can I downgrade now?
Ok, now you will need a magic memory stick, from which the PSP will load all data when entering Repair mode, to make this memory stick, either follow THIS guide (Ignore the battery part) or use google for an easy installer (TOTALNewbieasyInstaller) if you don't have access to another homebrew enabled PSP.

8. I want to emulate <insert console="" name="" here="">on my PSP! How do I do it?</insert>
Go HERE and have fun :)
Don't ask for roms here! You might face a ban!

9. Neat! I have custom firmware. What should I do first?
Use Key Cleaner to analyze you IDStorage Keys, and back them up!
(Do not unpatch key5 on TA-082/086 motherboard PSPs with firmware 3.52M33 or under!!)
Next~ Use Cory1492's Nandtool to back up your NAND. Believe me, they are life savers one day.

10. I don't have anyway to get things to downgrade. What should I do?
Ah HA! FAQ2 and FAQ7 doesn't work, here's your last chance.
Check this thread HERE or HERE and see if anyone lives near you!
They help you flash to custom firmware (most of them free) if you cover the shipment fee.

11. Oh noez! I upgraded from custom firmware to official firmware? What to do?
- Go to FAQ 1
**For TA-082/086 Users, you can do this to prevent it: Patch Key5. ;)

12. Why can't I find XXXX.XXX file on my PSP's Flash0?
Well...for some reason those files are detected as protected system files...
To make them "reappear" here's what you have to do:

In Windows:
Press "ALT+T" in an open window then press "O"
Then go to the "View" Tab and look for "Hide protected operating system hidden files (Recommended)" and UNCHECK that box, press "Apply" then "Ok" you should now be able to see the hidden files AND replace them!

* My question is not in here. What should I do?
Don't panic. Just like what one of our member said, "Feel the Power of the SEARCH Button!!!"

P.S: This guide is very incomplete, mods and admins, edit it as you may because I wrote this while I was VERY SLEEPY! :D

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Definitely a great guide, DC, you noobie you!:laugh:

gooders

Ive used my mates psp with 3.90 m33-3 on it to create a magic memmory stick and pandora and used it to softmod my psp, how do i make his battery normal again?

Acerthief

Ive used my mates psp with 3.90 m33-3 on it to create a magic memmory stick and pandora and used it to softmod my psp, how do i make his battery normal again?

Look at the guides carefully.
Hellcat's program can get ya battery back.

Jake

A pandora battery is the only way of getting custom firmware on psps with ofw above 3.50.

Pranzer

Ok I have tried this Guide using may psp with 4.01 OFW to downgrade it but the hellcat's doesn't work in 4.01 (it only sayes eror can run the game, Blah blah)and also I have tried to pandorized my slim battery sony 1200mAh it only shows green light after pandorized it on other psp with3.71m33 CFW

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I have tried this Guide using may psp with 4.01 OFW to downgrade it but the hellcat's doesn't work in 4.01 (it only sayes eror can run the game, Blah blah)and also I have tried to pandorized my slim battery sony 1200mAh it only shows green light after pandorized it on other psp with3.71m33 CFW

Did you install the magic memory stick files?

excelex

i have question regarding 1.5 kernel.... what does 1.5 kernel do? and how do i install it? what is the benefits?? i already upgrade my firm ware to the latest one.. (4.01 M33) please help me...

thank you

Pranzer

Did you install the magic memory stick files?

Yes, i did actually I used the Hellcat's Pandora Installer 3.xx r3b ( ihave psp with 4.01 OFW) and run the program but it says "The game could not be started and the 800code is there.:sad: