• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

OE/M33 Usage Manual ~it's installed now what~

komplexq

This post needs to be updated =/
it says that the current version is 3.10 xD

That would be cool. Since I'm new to CFW and moved from 3.60M33 to 3.71M33, most of the recovery stuff is sketchy- not to mention I don't wanna change anything before something goes fatally wrong.

kaco

Hi im in 3.52 m33-4, i try and try, but cant get to recovery mode, what can i do? thanks

You have to turn off the PSP Completely (holding the power button up to ten seconds) and THEN turn on, in order to get into the recovery menu.

NoirSoldats

Eh, I suppose it's debatable, but in my personal tests DAX is never smaller than CSO.

Just for the record DAX is consistently smaller than CSO's in all of my tests by a magnitude of approximately 1-2%. On a 700MB iso that's about 14MB difference in compressed size which with limited memory can be considerable, expecially on those larger games that barely fit on to 2GB cards even.
Code:
          a-valkyr            psy-loh3        psn-gow
ISO       693,760KB           854,464KB       1,568,030KB
DAX       606,192KB           752,633KB       1,233,209KB
CSO       616,100KB           758,522KB       1,288,611KB

As you can see with just the few examples above DAX is consistently several percent smaller than CSO across the board. Standard Disclaimer Applies: As we all know compression is highly chaotic and in certain situations some compressors can out perform others based on their method of compression and data being compressed. But for consistency DAX out performs CSO very well.

So now, can we get an answer about if it's possilbe to hack DAX support in to our M33 here?

Thank you,

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just for the record DAX is consistently smaller than CSO's in all of my tests by a magnitude of approximately 1-2%. On a 700MB iso that's about 14MB difference in compressed size which with limited memory can be considerable, expecially on those larger games that barely fit on to 2GB cards even.
Code:
          a-valkyr            psy-loh3        psn-gow
ISO       693,760KB           854,464KB       1,568,030KB
DAX       606,192KB           752,633KB       1,233,209KB
CSO       616,100KB           758,522KB       1,288,611KB

As you can see with just the few examples above DAX is consistently several percent smaller than CSO across the board. Standard Disclaimer Applies: As we all know compression is highly chaotic and in certain situations some compressors can out perform others based on their method of compression and data being compressed. But for consistency DAX out performs CSO very well.

So now, can we get an answer about if it's possilbe to hack DAX support in to our M33 here?

Thank you,

It's possible. Someone could create a custom firmware plugin to support the DAX format. However, D_A himself dropped the DAX format in favor of CSO, simply because it offers improved load times.

sejad

Hey I had a Question for you guys sine you guys are good at this, I have Cutome Firmware 3.20 OE-A' and 1.50 kernel but I want to upgrade it to newest one and I am so confused about how to do it....can I skip to 3.51 M33 and then upgrade to 3.90 M33 and not have to install 3.30 all the way to 3.90 M33.....which is a lot of updates...also I confused about the Pandora battery and the Magic stick do I need to use those in order to get to the latest custom firmware 3.90 M33? BTW I have a phat PSP.