• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Official Firmware Update EBOOTS

Acerthief

Hi, i got a 2.60 running, i already own a 2.71, and downgraded to 3.52 m33, working fine, how can i get the 2.60 to 2.71 ? after downloading the firmware from the links ?
thanks

yup. download the 2.71 eboot.pbp, and put it in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder.
Just run it on your PSP and BAM! you've got 2.71 :D

dennis96411

Thread updated with more firmwares and links, please check the first post.

jk23no

Hi guys, while I was installing the Popsloader, I got this error while I'm in step 6.

"PSAR too big. Recompile with bigger buffer."

When I was in step 4, I downloaded the file 390.PBP. Did step 5, copying/renaming it to EBOOT.PBP at root.

Anything I missed? My firmware version is 3.90 M33-3. I still have 350++MB of free space, is this the issue here?

Thanks!

dennis96411

I've updated with firmware 4.00 and 4.01, and some more links on Exophase server.

dennis96411

Updated! Firmware 4.05 is now available. Check the first post for download links.

Denzel Strife

4.01 m33-2 problems

My Psp cannot downgrade or anything is says this file is corrupt or is not able to be started can anyone help please. It is a fat one too.

dennis96411

What firmware is it on?

disobedience

Help here pls

Hi Guys!
i am new on the PSP firmware and stuff, i had my psp unlocked so now i have 3.90 firmware with the ability to play PSX games but yet i dont have POPSLOADER which i badly need to play FF7 and Resident Evil parts, the problem is i dont know how to get the POPSLOADER installed without upgrading my firmware or EBOOT file (i am satisfied on my current 3.90 version) so what to do?
i downloaded the latest version which is posted here 4.05 but i wont install it yet , just to make sure that i can install POPSLOADER without upgrading.

any help is appreciated email me or post here thanks :D

dennis96411

You need custom firmware to do that, sorry bud, the only way is Pandora Battery.

disobedience

You need custom firmware to do that, sorry bud, the only way is Pandora Battery.

dude i already hacked my firmware and i have installed m33 3.90 firmware with pandora battery and Memory, so all i need to know is that how can i play Resident Evil 1 PSX on my psp , i cant get it to run, while i played GT2 PSX and castlevania symphony of the night on my psp without any problem!

dennis96411

Try reinstalling popsloader.

disobedience

i tried the whole installation as i googled it step by step
i reached the part when i run the Psardumber and it asks me to press Square , so i did and then it stopped and it gave me a msg on the dos "PSAR is too big to complie, try to compile with bigger buffer" what does that suppose to mean!!!!
so i couldnt continue the installation.
any help here ?
thanks

dennis96411

What firmware version EBOOT are you trying to dump here? You'll need the latest PSAR dumper, which I'll provide you, because the old version does not support new firmwares.

disobedience

i was trying to use same firmware as the one i have 3.90 but i downloaded 3.71 so i would try with it.
i dont know what do you suggest?
i was thinking not to change my firmware since its stable and i am satisfied on it , thats why i was trying to use same firmware 3.90

dennis96411

Updated with links for 5.00 and 5.01 firmwares.

dadavi

bro dennis96411,is`it the same way we upgrade 5.00 to 5.01 firmware?sorry my bad eng here bro:blushing:

dennis96411

Updated first post with firmware 5.02 links.