• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Official WAR Discussion Thread

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I figure if WoW gets its own thread, there's no reason for WAR not to... I've been playing for a week now and LOVE it.

twelve

I'm not dead
I've been toying with the idea of this. I got very bored of WoW and from what I've been hearing this is kinda the same but with less grinding and a lot more PVP.

Teowulf

twelve said:
I've been toying with the idea of this. I got very bored of WoW and from what I've been hearing this is kinda the same but with less grinding and a lot more PVP.
Yep, there's ALOT more pvp, and no grinding. All of your gear can come from PvP, all of your xp can come from PvP. Heck, all of mine has so far.

It still needs some work, but that's what patches are for.

Teowulf

Pixel Princess said:
Do you loose exp if you get killing in PvP?
Nope. Well, you lose XP for not being on the battlefield, but it's slight. Pretty much, your XP scales based on how much healing or damage you do, and has some other scales built into it, which results in everyone who does a good job getting about the same XP (well, on each team... the winning team gets much more than the losing).

Serideth

Ohhhh the idea of getting exp for healing is sweet, it's about time Priest type classes get that.

Teowulf

Pixel Princess said:
Ohhhh the idea of getting exp for healing is sweet, it's about time Priest type classes get that.
Yep, and they get alot of it too, just about as much as the damage classes, if not more.