• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Oh Shit, I'm gettin' a PS3

Sliderkk

kk so as I said I'm getting a PS3 for my birthday (9/2), my plan is to pick up Killzone 2 with it then Modern Warfare 2 [Prestige Edition] and launch, MAG and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation at Christmas and Crysis 2 at launch (Yes they are all shooting games wtf else would I play?). That's my plan at least, what do you recommend? I hope the PS3 slim will come along before then.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Metal Gear Solid 4(also has Starter pack of MGO, which you will enjoy until you understand the game is broken by glitches and assholes lol)
Resident Evil 5
Star wars the force unleashed
The Darkness
etc?

Joey

kk so as I said I'm getting a PS3 for my birthday (9/2), my plan is to pick up Killzone 2 with it then Modern Warfare 2 [Prestige Edition] and launch, MAG and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation at Christmas and Crysis 2 at launch (Yes they are all shooting games wtf else would I play?). That's my plan at least, what do you recommend? I hope the PS3 slim will come along before then.

If you're going to play Killzone 2 or MW2 online, I wouldn't even get Socom... It's not as good as Killzone 2, which means it definitely wont be as good as MW2, and thus probably wont have enough time to play it.

You do know it's online only, right?

eighty4

So your getting a console with a horrible dpad for shooting games? That's like calling someone ADD ridden or something.

Bill

So your getting a console with a horrible dpad for shooting games? That's like calling someone ADD ridden or something.

I didn't think we had fanboys in these parts...

Also: Who the hell uses the D-Pad?

Adiuvo

I have never heard of anyone using the dpad for shooting games. Switching weapons, maybe...

eighty4

Back from where I come from we call controllers dpads. Idk, it just sells itself.

Also, Mr. Bill, I have every 7th gen console. WHy would I be a fanboy rather than someone who likes one console over another? You are a silly boy.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991

Killzone 2
Uncharted
Metal Gear Solid 4

maybe inFamous
maybe Ratchet & Clank

not Socom: Confrontation

Seth

MD Party Room
Umm is this your first next gen system? If you already have a 360 then.

Fat Princess
Flower

Heavenly Sword
Infamous
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Pain
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Uncharted
Uncharted
Wipeout HD

Maybe
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Folklore
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

You have alot of gaming to do.

Dont get Socom

Whisper

Logic :(
Little big planet, Uncharted 1 & 2, Rachet and Clank, Killzone 2, Fat princess, and GOW3 (when it comes out). Those are what come to mind.

Joey

Back from where I come from we call controllers dpads. Idk, it just sells itself.

Also, Mr. Bill, I have every 7th gen console. WHy would I be a fanboy rather than someone who likes one console over another? You are a silly boy.

A "D-Pad" is the directional pad... People where you're from are wrrrrrrrrrong.

_Syn

MAG also looks awesome

Just make sure not to buy it right at launch. Wait for the reviews to start pouring in. Im pretty sure it'll just be another R2 or KZ2, a hyped up game, that gets boring after a while. :cry:

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just make sure not to buy it right at launch. Wait for the reviews to start pouring in. Im pretty sure it'll just be another R2 or KZ2, a hyped up game, that gets boring after a while. :cry:
Killzone 2 got boring really fast for me. But R2 kept my attention for quite awhile.

Really, no ps3 games can keep me occupied for more than a month. And all the multiplatform games that come out, I get them for the 360.

But MAG looks a bit iffy. 256 players a game, I know there are going to be lag issues. Even if they tone down the graphics it will still be troublesome. I expect to be able to play 16v16 at most.