• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC [Old School PC] UFO 2K

DrLame

Ham Eater
Alright, buggers! Was hoping to get some MfM action going in UFO2K, so hopefully there's some gamers interested in one of the best old school games ever made. Anyone who hasn't played UFO: Enemy Unknown (released around '94) probably wont be familiar with the series. It's a tactical turn based squad game. Pretty much the first. Recently a group got together and started the UFO 2K project, which is a multiplayer rendition of the game (the original never had multiplayer). You design your squad with a point cap, and then position them onto a map and go at it. It's a very fun tactical turn based game, as long as you can get past the old-school graphics. I've played modern versions of the game that have full 3d graphics, and they all seem to suck a lot. You just seem to lose something when you update a title beyond what is needed. The learning curb is a little steep, but once you get the basics of movement and firing down, the tactics come pretty fast as you play.

This is the official UFO2K site, where you can get the game. You should always get the latest beta, as that is what everyone plays: UFO2000 You should also get a copy of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown, as it has texture packs you'll need.

This is the UFO 2000 wiki, it has a ton of unit info as well as info on advanced game techniques: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=UFO2000

The game is awesome once you get into it. Your arsenal includes everything from pistols to plasma rifles, rocket launchers, demolition charges, grenades, and more. They've even made custom weapon sets that were never in the UFO series that are fun to play with as well. Your team can be made of humans or aliens, each with different stats and point values. Humans can even be equipped with jumppack armor that lets them fly to the tops of building and such, and aliens that had this ability in the UFO series have it here as well.

Here's a few screenshots. I wish I had one of the dense urban city area, as that is by far my favorite to play, but I can't seem to find one. All the maps are random generated when you select a tileset, so every game you play is different.

Coverconceal_(ufo2000).JPG

42950.jpg

UFO2000_1.png