• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Only just saw Top Gun now.

Serideth

As the title says, although this is an 80s movie I only just saw it now. What an utterly amazing movie, I know Tom Cruise get's a lot of bad press these days but he's still a fantastic actor, I really enjoyed it.

Not only was the story easy to follow and enjoyable I also really loved the soundtrack (it was the soundtrack that got me to watch the movie - ). I felt there was some decent character development and interacting and although I don't want to spoil anything for the few who haven't seen it I didn't think it went too over the top like Hollywood usually does.

Anyone else seen this classic? If not I highly recommend it, I was reading reviews on it and a lot of people dismiss it as a "chick flick" which to be honest I don't agree with.

Anyway here is a trailer incant you're interested:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb2UY2reOZc[/YT]

EvilSeph

Administrator
While that other thread is great for movies that are average, it prevents good conversation around great movies from occurring since doing so would be, technically, considered off-topic.

Thus, Serideth opened a new thread for this specific movie. Because, truly, this movie is one of the better ones ever made and continues to be talked about to this day. Hell, there're even amusement park rides named after this movie.

Serideth

Yes, thanks for posting that ES, it's 2:15 am here so I wasn't up to posting a big explanation.

But if you noticed that big thread doesn't allow proper discussion for movies as everyone just uses it to post what they saw. To be honest it's counter productive in my eyes.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I own the VHS of this movie, as well as the old cassette tape and digital CD soundtracks. It was one of the only truly good movies with Tom Cruise before his career started moving downhill starring in movies like Tropic Thunder /shudders. The soundtrack is one that I have on my iPod Touch and listen to it often. If you like action, coupled with a side of some drama/romance, then you will surely like this movie. I don't normally watch romantic movies anyway. ;)

yeah i hadnt heard of it either (mainly because i was born after 1988 when it was made), but i saw it on a movie channel and i really enjoyed it