• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opting out of leaderboards

MFWE

Hi, first off I wanna say that this site is by far the best I've ever used to track achievements and to get insights about new games I'd like to play.
I'm wondering if there's a way to remove oneself from the leaderboard? Basically the same things Retroachievements does where the user is free to choose whether to compete in leaderboards or just get achievements. I've always played solo and don't like to compete, so I'd like to use the site just as a tracking site. Is it possible?

Cheers :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How important is being entirely removed from the leaderboard for you? Do you just not want to see the ranking information? I could easily add an opt-out button that hides all of your ranking information but still shows it to others that view your profile.

To go a step further, and completely remove your accounts from the rankings, we would need to make sure every service can be verified. Right now, that's only possible for a select few (PSN, Xbox, Steam, Blizzard and Google Play). The others lack any kind of sign-in so we can't actually verify you own the account. Have considered some alternative methods like uploading a QR code as avatar that we can check - I think this would work for the rest aside from Stadia.

SamXavia

Hi, first off I wanna say that this site is by far the best I've ever used to track achievements and to get insights about new games I'd like to play.
I'm wondering if there's a way to remove oneself from the leaderboard? Basically the same things Retroachievements does where the user is free to choose whether to compete in leaderboards or just get achievements. I've always played solo and don't like to compete, so I'd like to use the site just as a tracking site. Is it possible?

Cheers :)
Are you just not wanting other people to see your 'level' and stuff or just not really into that sort of thing, as if your not really into that, it's the option of just not using it. I guess your talking about just wanting it so no one can see your profile with levels and things.

ERVI

I think it's a great idea.
In my experience there are 2 categories of players: competitors and collectors. Competitors are proud of showcasing their achievements, collectors just want to have their personal diary full of memories.

MFWE

That's one request we haven't had before. @x3sphere will have to look at this when he can and see if he can come up with something.
It would be very important. As for the verification it would be no problem for me to verify multiple services, and from the way you describe it can be easily done. Can't wait for it!