• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Overlord II

dan369

Well has anyone even heard of this game is a start? I only bought this game because of the cover art, and it was one of the best games i played last year (talking about the original here). Its a really good game, but not one of my friends have even heard of it.
Though certain things were lacking like certain character things like there wasn't much customization for the Overlord but from what i've heard theres know a more broader range of weapons, armour etc.
Also the minons AI sometimes did stupid things and controlling them at times was hard.
Though from the demo of Overlord 2, these things have been improved upon & the ability to ride wolves, spiders etc with you minons is AWESOME!!
I can't wait until this game comes out, anyone else feel the same?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
work at a gameshop?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I really enjoyed the first Overlord, so I'll be picking this up for sure. The demo was pretty fun as well.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm glad someone has even heard of it. Anyone played the Multiplayer? I don't think i have myself, is it any good?
Killing seals & hippy elves in the demo:w00t:

The first game was quite successful, I'd be willing to argue that the majority of people have heard of it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I heard of the first one but never gotten around to playing it. I am getting this game right now though because I have been hearing so much good stuff about Overlord.

I'll probably get the first one later this week.

Roe

I played a lot of the first one and liked it, although I didn't finish it. Will definetly be renting this, iirc there wasn't much to do other than the missions in the first one.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played a lot of the first one and liked it, although I didn't finish it. Will definetly be renting this, iirc there wasn't much to do other than the missions in the first one.

I know there was some DLC for it, but I never got around to purchasing it.

twelve

I'm not dead
Raising Hell was the DLC. IIRC it was bundled into the game by the time it got ported to the PS3.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So anyone played it yet?
If so, how is it?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played for about an hour. It's pretty much the exact same as the first with some enhancements. I've basically played the entire section that the demo covered and just got access to my new throne room in the underworld, so the game is about to start.

Before the demo part, you get to play as a kid overlord for a few minutes.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That wasn't a panda, it was a Yeti. It was the same demo over here. What I was saying is that you start the game as a kid and then play the demo part, then make it back to your lair.

There's actually some new gameplay elements I won't spoil pretty soon after that.