• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora's Battery Released - Unbrick ANY PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
:eek:hmy: So what does this mean? Extra battery FTW? Can you downgrade firmwares with this?

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
It basically means no more need for downgraders or anything of the like the psp is totally unlocked..... Which while being amazing and I'm almost certainly gonna make one of these incase of something in the future all I have to say is..... now what. p.s. Now I might have to get a slim :(/:) = conflicted

supaquickt

Yes, I better keep my pants on. Does this have to use an Official Sony battery, and will any memstick work (I'm talking Sony or Sandisk, not original or fake)? Now I gotta go brick a PSP haha

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes, I better keep my pants on. Does this have to use an Official Sony battery, and will any memstick work (I'm talking Sony or Sandisk, not original or fake)? Now I gotta go brick a PSP haha

Any PSP battery will work. Yes it means all current firmwares can be downgraded as well.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Any PSP battery will work. Yes it means all current firmwares can be downgraded as well.

Oh jeez. Well, heh, I should start buying some bricked PSP's on eBay then, eh? :biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh, so PSP slim can be downgraded to :O Or I'm I on another planet.

Possibly. They use a different battery than the regular units though so it is too early to tell yet.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Just looked at some video and the psp slim does use a different battery but the older battery is also compatible found it on some video banner posted in psp general i thnk check it if you want.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
I read the read me and came across this in "NOTES AND RESTRICTIONS"
- The firmware in the Memory Stick is not a full 1.50, but a minimal
subset. Therefore, not all applications (such as flashers, or
recovery apps) will load.
What does this mean? You can't go to custom firmware or what?

Tenshigami

It says anything less than a 4GB will do. Probably because 1.50 doesn't support 4GB memory stick pro duos. Also Memory Stick Duos (e.g. 32MB) aren't supported. Just the PRO Duos.

Fako

sooo, everything was coming from the underground.. a top secret group.. man that sounds like a movie or something haha

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I read the read me and came across this in "NOTES AND RESTRICTIONS"
- The firmware in the Memory Stick is not a full 1.50, but a minimal
subset. Therefore, not all applications (such as flashers, or
recovery apps) will load.
What does this mean? You can't go to custom firmware or what?

Well my friend did it and he was able to run the kxploit patcher then flash 3.52 M33. So there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe that means like theme flashers and whatnot.

supaquickt

From DAX on maxconsole:

That refers to the memory stick recovery firmware (developers could replace some of the files of recovery firmware to exeucte their applications, and we just warn them that the subset of prx's for the recovery firmware is limited). But the one flashed back is a full 1.50, so you can install whatever cfw later.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Battery can't be converted back *me thinks*.

- A PSP with a Custom Firmware such as OE, M33 or WC, or a PSP with
the 1.5 original kernel.
Let me get this straight - you need a unbricked PSP to generate files for the "Pandora's battery" which will then turn a regular battery in the jigkick battery? Is that right?

Then you simply put in the battery into the bricked PSP and the menu should come up? Is that right?

One more thing... Under notes and restrictions... it says "The IDStorage cannot be totally restored, as there is no known way to regenerate it properly."

^^^
What does that mean? What is IDStorage for those of us who don't know what that is?