• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[PIXEL Guide] Make a bed!

Serideth

Right, as some of you know I enjoy good ole fashioned pixel art, so what I'm going to do is release a set of guides for people interested in it starting from simple things and then to animated people and combat.

Task:
finks6.png

Difficulty: //////////
Estimated Time: 10-15 minutes if you're changing things yourself.

NOTE: IN THIS GUIDE I AM ZOOMED IN WHICH IS WHY IT LOOKS SO BIG, I SUGGEST YOU DO SO AS WELL FOR ACCURACY.

Right, here we go, enjoy!

Step 1:

We start off by drawing a simple pixel rectangle, remember you always work in 2 pixels then you drop up or down depending on the angle you want. This part is fairly self explanatory, once that's drawn redraw the two sides facing us to make it 3D.

88698855ro7.png

Step 2:

This is the only tricky part in this guide, the head board, now you could just do a square one but that would be boring, so what I have drawn it with what we will call turrets on each side, notice how the pixels connect on the 90 degree angles from the image below.

69186923tn6.png

Step 3:

Once again we're just doing the same lines again but a bit lower down for the main body of the bed. The line going across the top of the duvet is just to separate that from the pillows.

12556376la1.png

Step 4:

Right this time round we're making the head board 3D, this can be tricky if you don't have an eye for shapes but just look at the image below, these type of shapes come up all the time so once you do a couple you will have no problem just guessing them, if you're having problems just copy how I have done it in the image:

27091644vy5.png

Step 5:

All you're doing here is what you did on the top of the turrets but upside down, it's really just a case of brining the right turrets line down and then connecting it to the other parts of the bed like so:

72387897ly5.png

Step 6:

All you want to do here is colour (color for you yanks ;) ) it in and you're done!
finks6.png

finbigum1.png

If you like this please try my other/future guides.

Serideth

Very nice bed, the arch in the headboard needs some work though, I'll have a fiddle around if you don't mind :)

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Go for it, I don't mind. I know the problem with the headboard, its just that I messed up the 3D view effect, because you can see its iwdth all the the way around. I tried ti fix it, but it just looked worse, so I gave up on it and kind of forgot. Feel free to mess with ti all you like :)