• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS4 PlayStation 4 Officially Announced

David Sanchez

PS4-Announcement.jpg

Well, it's official, folks: Sony has announced the PlayStation 4. This massive story is still developing, but we're bringing you the updates as they come.

First off, we got a brief look at the system's internal memory specs. How does 8GB of RAM sound? Pretty damn sweet, I'd say! Additionally, the upcoming platform will include a built-in hard drive.

The new controller was also revealed, and it looks a lot like the previous prototype we saw.

Continue reading...

LocutusEstBorg

I hope it doesn't play used games. There's no reason console games should be pirated by family members and friends when PC games are playable only by the purchaser.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I hope it doesn't play used games. There's no reason console games should be pirated by family members and friends when PC games are playable only by the purchaser.
There's plenty of reasons why. The big one being it uses physical media.

I can hand a stack of games to my little sister and brother when I'm done with them as I often do.

LocutusEstBorg

PC games (including Steam exclusives) come on discs too. Home video discs are sold with the explicit permission for the purchaser to perform non-commercial, non-public screenings so family and friends can watch it. The same privilege doesn't apply to software.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So you have a stack of discs that mirrors your Steam collection and its a common practice? News to me.

LocutusEstBorg

Yeah I have a stack of discs for pretty much anything I didn't buy on a >75% off Steam sale. The discs are cheaper and the average internet connection is is 256k so it takes weeks to download anything.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
How do you play multiplayer games with a connection like that? That stinks.

Sounds like the discs are common in your neck of the woods though. I'd argue that's not the norm for the majority of Steam enthusiasts.

LocutusEstBorg

I'm paying a lot for a 4Mbps connection, but most games only require 30-40kbps except for Battlefield which needs a couple of hundred kbps for 64 players.