• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NDS Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I'm somewhat looking forward to playing them, but I remember when they remade Red and Blue into Leaf Green and Fire Red, and they were awful. It was just boring, playing through the exact same game again with different graphics. Maybe it's just me.

Still, <3 Cyndaquil.

Chathurga

I posted the rumours on this in IRC the other day and was too disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm.
Anyway this is oing to be so awesome and everyone knows it, Gold/Silver were the pinnacle of the pokemon games.

People still play pokemon..? =l

Coming from you? Seriously?

Riorio99

GSC Period games are by far the best. They just perfected the RBY formula, and made it bigger. RSE and PDP just added more pokemon to an already crowded line-up. So long as this sticks to 251 pokemon, and has Johto and Kanto, it is WIN!

Dan

Contributor
I might pick this up. Silver was great when i had it. Never got round to catching the legendaries though..

P.S: Is that Chikorita behind the player? Second best after Mudkip(Or was he on Ruby&Saphire... whatever. They're both still cool.)

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
i absolutely LOVED crystal and silver as a boy, i played that bame boy colour to its plastic limits and this news is so amazingly awesome. I loved how after you do the league, you go back to kanto and do the old gyms, and then of course the battle with Red...

Ah the good old days
But i'm totally pre-ordering both of these games on pre-order day one. I want nostalgia NOW

shikamaru

i wouldn't normally pay for DS games either ( flash R cart 4) but this is ... this is...
something nintendo can be credited for (OMG i said it) and deserves money for (holy crap, there i go again with my bad language)

shikamaru

I'll stick to my fat DS but also no$gba to test the american version and see how it is first

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah boys. Day one purchase here. Gold and Silver were always the pinnacle of the series to me.