• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Popsloader Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

NintendoGuy

Damn it!

So... In others versions like:
3.30 OE-A' or 3.30 OE-B can be a popsloader suport?

But... Are the more PSOne compatible games with this new firmware? Like, if we didn't need the Popsloader... Or with this new firmware the PSOne compatiblity is very small?
(because of this non working of 3.30 OE...)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Damn it!

So... In others versions like:
3.30 OE-A' or 3.30 OE-B can be a popsloader suport?

But... Are the more PSOne compatible games with this new firmware? Like, if we didn't need the Popsloader... Or with this new firmware the PSOne compatiblity is very small?
(because of this non working of 3.30 OE...)

well I have already heard reports that 3.30 OE has fixed some bugs in FF7 and Chrono Cross. So yes compatibility seems to be on the up :smile:

and yeah look forward to popsloader support in a later update.

Tenshigami

I seem to be able to use popsloader no problem in 3.30 OE-A. Which seems odd as the Man himself (Dark_Alex) said it doesn't in the readme.

Tenshigami

People, I found it:
http://dl.qj.net/LOLstation-POPS-Fi...mebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13543/catid/151

It's 'lolstation' a 'popsloader' for 3.30OE-A

Is it good?

Err..Uhm...No. Quite different, actually. LOLstation fixes an error that occurs by making a custom coldboot or debranding the gameboot. (If the previous sentence confuses you, LOLstation is not for you.)

popsloader lets you load any version of pops on any OE firmware (provided it works). Dark_AleX himself, the man who made popsloader AND the OE firmwares, says it doesn't work on 3.30 OE-A. I haven't had any problems, however. :confused1:

milkyway

hi, still cant do anything with Original FW 3.10? im still stick with 3.10 and need to buy original UMD very expensive.:crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, still cant do anything with Original FW 3.10? im still stick with 3.10 and need to buy original UMD very expensive.:crying:

nope, no solution for FW 3.10 yet. if there is one you'll know about it :wink:

karasuman

Its easy, but understandable since you've never used PSARDumper.

If you want to run 3.11 pops, you need to grab 3.11 EBOOT.PBP then extract the DATA.PSAR from the EBOOT with a program such as PBP Unpacker (can be found in the downloads section on this site).

Place the DATA.PSAR on your memory stick drive, and download PSARDumper 3.10. Move PSARDumper to your GAME150 folder (if you don't have one create it) then run the app. It will give you some on screen instructions but like it says just hit square to decrypt all.

This will give you all the files you need for the rest of the readme.

BTW I know it sounds easier if we just shared the files but they are Sony copyrighted so thats a no-no :)

This was very helpful...but I'm still having trouble.

I followed all of these steps, and then all of the steps in the Read Me:

This plugin enables 3.10 OE and higher, to load every pops from 3.00 to 3.11

Instructions:

- Copy seplugins to the root of your memory stick.
- Using the latest psardumper mod from team c+d, extract the firmware you desire using the
"Decrypt all" function (press square) (this is important, because of changes of keys, previous
firmwares modules may not work encrypted).
- Locate these modules in the FO/kd folder: meaudio.prx, pops.prx and popsman.prx (Note: in 3.10
and higher, meaudio.prx doesn't exist, so you don't need to locate it).

Copy the prx's to the directory /seplugins/popsloader with the following names:

* 3.00: meaudio300.prx, popsman300.prx, pops300.prx
* 3.01: meaudio301.prx, popsman301.prx, pops301.prx
* 3.11: popsman311.prx, pops311.prx

- Enter in recovery menu, and enable popsloader.prx plugin.
- The first time you run a game with the plugin enabled, it will ask you which pops to use.
After that, it will save the configuration so the next times that game is loaded, it will use
the same pops. If anytime you want to change the configuration, press R while booting the game,
during the warning screen.

Just to clarify that I'm doing the exact right thing, here's what I did in greater detail. I put the seplugins folder in MP_ROOT. I renamed the fildes popsman311.prx and pops311.prx and placed them in se plugins/popsloader. Then, I entered into the recovery menu and selected plugins. However, this is empty--it just says "back." There's nothing for me to enable.

What am I doing wrong? :-/

Also, which of these files will I be able to delete if I ever get this to work?

EDIT:

I didn't realize that this was in the news forum instead of the help forum. I'm sorry! I don't know how to delete this post, but I'm going to at least copy it and repost it in the right area.

Shingo

i try to put my ps1 game that i convert, but i have dark screen.
i am in 3.40 OE, so this possiblee for me to play on french game (final fantasy 8 to psp) or not?
i have not the option for enabled POPs in my recovery menu, why?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Because you do not have the Popsloader plugin installed, man. It won't show up unless you actually have it.

CrYpT

can use for any oe?

does this work on 3.40 oe? cuz some my games dont work sence i upgraded from 3.03 oe-c to 4.40 oe-a

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I had the same problem, it's because any OE higher than 3.03OE-C the ISOs need to be converted differently. You'll have to reconvert your ISOs with PSX2PSP v1.2.

Crocomire

so is popsloader supposed to work on 3.40oe? got the plugins folder where it should be, enabled it in recovery but i can't get any responce from it, it was the same with cwcheat, any ideas?

moose187

i have a iso image file for a ps1 game and i was told that a popsloader will make it inoto a eboot but i really dont have a clue how and what i need... help a noob

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor