• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Portal 2 Delayed Until April

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Well it looks like Valve has, yet again, delayed the release of Portal 2; this time setting the release back two months. However, in traditional Valve fashion, the company's press release is a masterpiece in itself; It can only be best described by not describing it at all, so here it is:
VALVE ANNOUNCES SHORTEST DELAY IN VALVE HISTORY

Valve today announced that Portal 2 -- the sequel to the ground-breaking title that won over 30 game of the year awards, despite missing its original ship date -- will now be available the week of April 18th, 2011[...]

Continue reading: Portal 2 Delayed Until April 18th...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Bummer :( Then again.. it wouldn't be a Valve release without multiple delays. Quite amusing how they made light of it though xD

Edit: exact release date for NA is April 20 according to a Valve rep. 22nd for Europe.

Riorio99

I suppose that at least now I have longer to save for it.
Also, Valve are absolute heroes for that post. They've recognised their faults as a company and made fun of themselves.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
God damn it, I want this game.

vXAlexanderXv

Best. Press release. Ever. They still don't beat Sony in their proud tradition of being unable to keep their new products under wraps. :D

MenaceInc

Staff Member
"This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve’s proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time. Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date."

D: