• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Post your gaming setup!

Adiuvo

twelve said:
IMG_0672.jpg
What's the thing on the left?

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Wait for it....

Wait for it....

16102008374bo2.jpg

I'm at uni so my current gaming setup consists of a Packard Bell laptop, a 500GB Seagate Freeagent external HDD, and some Creative speakers. Also in the picture is a cheap USB mouse, a random letter, this weeks copy of the lawyer magazine, and some random flyers. Oh, and an (almost)unopened bottle of JD.

Blackout said:
heres my set up.

(tensorwm from QJ, sup twelve)

[IMGhttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/PCStuff/DSC015392.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/PCStuff/DSC015402.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/PCStuff/DSC015482.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/PCStuff/DSC016172.jpg[/IMG]
That looks hot.

user friendly

Hey guy's. First time that I've seen a few of setups, good stuff.

In the market for a good BD/DVD/CD rack, having a hard time and I don't really want to purchase anything else from Ikea unless recommend. My coffee table sucks.

Blackout

gmansixfo said:
That looks hot.

It is hot. Literally. The bedroom varies 10~20 degrees hotter if the systems are on. Usually if it's 95F outside, it's 100+ inside the bedroom.

But hey, atleast I'm set for winter. :p

Blackout

Scorned said:
You should get some real fans goin on in there.

Fans do it's job, keeps my CPU idling at 25C and loads at 35C. GPU idles at 48C and loads at 55C.

It's the weather and placement of the bedroom that doesn't help out much. The ps3 heats the room up more than the computer. The subwoofer to my z-5500 speakers lets out a good chunk of heat as well. :cool:

I usually have a fan on the window sucking cool air into the room but the weather lately makes the air inside cooler than outside making me shut my windows, hehe.

Brad

Yoshimi
gmansixfo said:
No but I'm STRONGLY considering taking this one back for a W4000 or KDL-40v4100

What model is your's so we can compare spec's?

If you can get your full money back I would go for it if you can get a better one.

Brad said:
What model is your's so we can compare spec's?

If you can get your full money back I would go for it if you can get a better one.
I have the KDL-40s4100. I got it a fews days after it was released with extended warranty. The only things I'm missing out on are 120hz, BE2, and "game mode". I want to have the game mode option so I can disable the crappy auto dimming feature that most new Sony LCDs have.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
gmansixfo said:
I have the KDL-40s4100. I got it a fews days after it was released with extended warranty. The only things I'm missing out on are 120hz, BE2, and "game mode". I want to have the game mode option so I can disable the crappy auto dimming feature that most new Sony LCDs have.

Oh, the thing thats supposed to make it more energy efficient? Yeah go for a W, never really liked the S series :D. Plus, 120hz makes the picture so smooth sometimes its unbelivable. Saying that I work in an electrical store and it took me a year to get a good eye for 120hz. Although in the PAL territories it's 100hz.

Bossmanuk said:
Oh, the thing thats supposed to make it more energy efficient? Yeah go for a W, never really liked the S series :D. Plus, 120hz makes the picture so smooth sometimes its unbelivable. Saying that I work in an electrical store and it took me a year to get a good eye for 120hz. Although in the PAL territories it's 100hz.
Well the tv is alright for my needs. But I feel like I'm being left in the past lol. Most tv's in the future will probably come 120hz standard and I'll be stuck at 60hz D:.

My tv supposedly can outupt 1080p/24 while playing a bluray movie. I really can't spot the difference though. I don't understand how thats even possibe if my set is a 60hz and 24p is listed as one of the features on the official sony site :confused: .