• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Post your gaming setup!

resobaso

Dual 23 in Monitors, a 32 inch TV, and a nice HD Recorder for all my needs.

Really do want a nicer looking desk though, My experiments can't continue on such a subpar platform.

Would give me room for my 3rd Monitor as well.

IMG_20131009_1842491_zps3347836d.jpg

twelve

I'm not dead
Moved out so setup is wildly different. Wont be seeing an Xbox One/WiiU creeping in here anytime soon as disposable income goes on the bills, bird or kids.

IMG_20131231_115430_344.jpg~original

IMG_20131231_115218_308.jpg~original

Seth

MD Party Room
Moved out so setup is wildly different. Wont be seeing an Xbox One/WiiU creeping in here anytime soon as disposable income goes on the bills, bird or kids.

IMG_20131231_115430_344.jpg~original

IMG_20131231_115218_308.jpg~original

You have kids?!!!!!

Nice to see some updates. I've acquired some new gear recently, a ps4 and a 65" samsung led tv. I'll post pictures when I move into my new apartment in a couple weeks because it is pretty laughable at the moment.

Just moved into a different apartment. Everything is very plain, but I have all the essential equipment set up.

The "office" Here I have my PC (gutted out compaq desktop. 500gb hdd, 4gb ddr3, 9800gt, and plenty of old shit I cannot recall) 23" LED Samsung monitor. 40" Sony LCD for my retro systems and Ps3. Old 5.1 sony surround sound 500w. Just bought a futon that sits adjacent to the computer/tv wall.
nw1mp.jpg

Living room set up. 65" Samsung LED LCD. Comcast/Xfinity HD DVR, and the Ps4. This is a work in progress as I still require some sort of audio enhancing items.
js28oz.jpg

That is it for now!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Got a new desk for my computer setup at Ikea today. Much more space to work with now.

4PE.jpg

Seth

MD Party Room
Dig the keyboard !!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The 3008WFP was $800 (got it refurbished around 3-4 years ago, was a great price at the time)

I just replaced it with a 21:9 monitor, the 34UM95. This is the best all-around monitor I've ever used. I even prefer it to the Dell 32" 4K display, and that's putting aside the various MST issues with that monitor. It has a very thin coating for a matte display, almost looks glossy but still effective at cutting out reflections. The 3008WFP looks grainy compared to it. Black levels are the best I've seen on an IPS, any glow on a completely black BG is very minimal compared to my old Dell. Out of box colors are way more accurate too.

As for game support, all FPS games I've tried so far scale fine in 21:9. Games like BF4, L4D, Crysis 3 are an amazing experience at 21:9. Feels like playing on an Eyefinity setup without the bezels. That said, some games have issues and will have to run with black bars on the side without widescreen hacks, so if you want everything to just work without any tinkering... this display might not be not for you. I bought it primarily for work purposes though, so doesn't really matter to me.

I think I'll be sticking with this monitor for a very long time. It's near perfect in my book, don't have any complaints really other than 120Hz would be nice to have for gaming but at this res DisplayPort 1.3 would be needed.

4ZK.png

Btw, Linus Tech Tips has a good video review on the monitor which sold me on it in the first place :

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
The 3008WFP was $800 (got it refurbished around 3-4 years ago, was a great price at the time)

I just replaced it with a 21:9 monitor, the 34UM95. This is the best all-around monitor I've ever used. I even prefer it to the Dell 32" 4K display, and that's putting aside the various MST issues with that monitor. It has a very thin coating for a matte display, almost looks glossy but still effective at cutting out reflections. The 3008WFP looks grainy compared to it. Black levels are the best I've seen on an IPS, any glow on a completely black BG is very minimal compared to my old Dell. Out of box colors are way more accurate too.

As for game support, all FPS games I've tried so far scale fine in 21:9. Games like BF4, L4D, Crysis 3 are an amazing experience at 21:9. Feels like playing on an Eyefinity setup without the bezels. That said, some games have issues and will have to run with black bars on the side without widescreen hacks, so if you want everything to just work without any tinkering... this display might not be not for you. I bought it primarily for work purposes though, so doesn't really matter to me.

I think I'll be sticking with this monitor for a very long time. It's near perfect in my book, don't have any complaints really other than 120Hz would be nice to have for gaming but at this res DisplayPort 1.3 would be needed.

Btw, Linus Tech Tips has a good video review on the monitor which sold me on it in the first place

Damn that's a nice monitor. Why not have a second one next to it though, I hate using one screen... though I spose I've never tried having one 21:9 screen, but one 16:9 screen seems horrible to me now :p

I'm going to have to post my gaming setup soon...

Also, is that SublimeText you're using? I started using it recently at work and really like it other than a few small gripes. A colleague and I work on a lot of the same HTML files and SublimeText has no way of detecting if a file has been edited and doesn't reload the changes, so many times now I have edited a file and got rid of a load of my colleagues recent changes...

Also, the folder listing down the side doesn't update unless you restart the program, even if you're the one who saved a file in there!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Two of these would be pretty amazing, I couldn't justify right now though. Maybe if the price goes down. I'd say one of them already feels like having dual monitors though. Plus LG has a nice app that can automatically split up your workspace.

Yeah, that is sublime text. Are you using the latest version? That's weird, mine auto reloads instantly on file edits. Folder listing updates too, would drive me nuts if it didn't.

edit: my friend says it doesn't if you are working via FTP, maybe that's why? Local disk and network attached storage both auto refresh for me though.

Last edited:

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Haha I just meant 2 screens generally, couldn't you put your old one next to it? Or would you not like to have different screens? Ah yeah true.

I'm using the latest build of SublimeText 3 beta, are you using 2? And no it's a network drive...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I see, yeah I could do that, I think a 27" would work better though. The 30" has slightly more vertical pixels so wouldn't match up height-wise (1600 vs 1440).

I am using Sublime 3 beta as well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Looking awesome x3sphere! I found out about that monitor through LTT when I first mentioned it. Great to hear how well it performs - I've always been weary of IPS displays from other manufacturers aside from Dell.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Looking awesome x3sphere! I found out about that monitor through LTT when I first mentioned it. Great to hear how well it performs - I've always been weary of IPS displays from other manufacturers aside from Dell.

I've heard Dell is coming out with a 34" ultra-wide too, haven't seen a price/release date though. It'll probably be similar - LG manufactures all IPS panels now anyway. I just wish LG offered a longer warranty on their products, 1 year is lacking on a high end monitor, at least buying it with my AMEX adds another year on top of that.

Btw, watching Blu-ray movies on this monitor is awesome, 21:9 means no black bars :D