• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Post your gaming setup!

Gamer Steve

I guess I fall into the collector category, though its not a thing where I MUST own pristine copies of games. But I'd never sell my games. They're my other babies...after my kids my dogs and now my new PC.
I still have my very first console and games too. (For the record that would be a Colecovision because I'm old)
age is but a number its the soul that determines if you are young or old lol. Wow im about the same as you i never sell my games even if i will never play it again because there important to me even like you said i dont need a game in perfect condition though it would be nice to have lol i do like having the game manual and the actual case to the game with the actual box art not the game store box art.lol

SihayatheFremen

age is but a number its the soul that determines if you are young or old lol. Wow im about the same as you i never sell my games even if i will never play it again because there important to me even like you said i dont need a game in perfect condition though it would be nice to have lol i do like having the game manual and the actual case to the game with the actual box art not the game store box art.lol
Well yes, if possible i prefer having a case and manual but that's not possible with a lot of my old games and while if I order from Amazon I try to make sure its a complete game/case/manual sometimes i get impatient and got to Gamestop and then I have to make do with their ugly store cases. Or in the worst case scenario, a couple years ago I ordered some really cheap PS2 games from then and they came in paper sleeves...oh how that drives my OCD batty.
I managed to pick up some empty cases for them but it still bugs me that they are in jewel cases or DVD cases with a post it not on the spine with the name written on it. But...at least the disks are in good condition.
The one that bugs me most is my copy of FF7, it came in paper sleeves and I put them in some dvd cases but I REALLY want the proper case and manual. Problem is I looked on Ebay and they want as much for just the case and manual as the actual game cost me 8 years ago.

Gamer Steve

Well yes, if possible i prefer having a case and manual but that's not possible with a lot of my old games and while if I order from Amazon I try to make sure its a complete game/case/manual sometimes i get impatient and got to Gamestop and then I have to make do with their ugly store cases. Or in the worst case scenario, a couple years ago I ordered some really cheap PS2 games from then and they came in paper sleeves...oh how that drives my OCD batty.
I managed to pick up some empty cases for them but it still bugs me that they are in jewel cases or DVD cases with a post it not on the spine with the name written on it. But...at least the disks are in good condition.
The one that bugs me most is my copy of FF7, it came in paper sleeves and I put them in some dvd cases but I REALLY want the proper case and manual. Problem is I looked on Ebay and they want as much for just the case and manual as the actual game cost me 8 years ago.
wow i feel you on all of this especially on those paper sleeves.lol i think in my basement i actually have the manually and actual case to ff7 which is a amazing game. I wished i still had my crono cross case :-(

SihayatheFremen

wow i feel you on all of this especially on those paper sleeves.lol i think in my basement i actually have the manually and actual case to ff7 which is a amazing game. I wished i still had my crono cross case :-(

I'm about to spout blasphemy...
I don't like FF7.

SihayatheFremen

really how come? i think i really enjoyed it cuz it was my first final fantasy game to play and own and i like the setting of the world. how come you didnt like it?

Well, I tried playing it a few years ago for the first time and I just could not get into it at all. Then I watched Advent Children and couldn't stand Cloud. Then I started Crisis Core and couldn't stand Cloud or Aerith. I tried playing it again and nope. I just don't like the characters, the story doesn't interest me and I just find it boring and dull.
I also don't like FF8. Squall is just too unlikeable for me to suffer through that game for like 60 hours.
I do like other FF games though. 1,3,4,5,9,10. 4 and 9 are my favorites. I also like some spinoff games like Crisis Core, Dissidia (love to beat Cloud and Squall repeatedly with every single character), Revenant Wings. I like War of the Lions but I find it too difficult. I also started some of the Crystal Chronicles games and liked those as well.

I just can't stand FF2, 7,8, 12 and the 13 trilogy. I'm weird I guess.

Gamer Steve

Well, I tried playing it a few years ago for the first time and I just could not get into it at all. Then I watched Advent Children and couldn't stand Cloud. Then I started Crisis Core and couldn't stand Cloud or Aerith. I tried playing it again and nope. I just don't like the characters, the story doesn't interest me and I just find it boring and dull.
I also don't like FF8. Squall is just too unlikeable for me to suffer through that game for like 60 hours.
I do like other FF games though. 1,3,4,5,9,10. 4 and 9 are my favorites. I also like some spinoff games like Crisis Core, Dissidia (love to beat Cloud and Squall repeatedly with every single character), Revenant Wings. I like War of the Lions but I find it too difficult. I also started some of the Crystal Chronicles games and liked those as well.

I just can't stand FF2, 7,8, 12 and the 13 trilogy. I'm weird I guess.
those are some good points im a fan of all ff games though some more than others...i really loved ff9 and ffx, ffx-2 stole my heart lol ff8 i got hooked but not as much as i did with ff7. ff6 was really awesome to me. ff12 i didnt get to attached too but it was fun, ff5 i owned it on my phone got really far but never completed it (phone broke). ff3 &4 was really fun..ff 2 never got far only in the begining cuz i borrowed it from my brother in law for the psp. ff(#1) i loved so much i bought the anniversary edition for psp which i was so hooked on beat the game and maxed out my four hereos to level 100. ff13 was good but linear to me (havent played the other two in the series but i own them). Crystal series i never beat the first crystal chronicles i couldnt get into long enough though i enjoyed it (weird) i beat echoes of times which was amazing game and crystal bearers which was very boring gameplay but amazing storyline and awesome characters. and chocobo duengons was very additive but i got sidetrack and never completed it lol. ff war of lions got super far and never fnished it ff tactics advance grimoire of the rift got far but got stuck on a boss and never finished it....whooo sorry for the long post theres alot of ff games i need to finish lol dissidia i own both version i completed the 1st and almost maxed out my characters and the second version of dissida i beat the storline but havent played those ames in a long time.

SihayatheFremen

Here's my FF collection though I've since added Lightning Returns to it. Also I've bought pretty much all the PS1 FF games all over again on PSN.
10153922_744986492212133_1262393976918898503_n_zpsmjhzcyha.jpeg