• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Power Light Flashes - then nothing???

Macflame

I bought a 'bricked' PSP thinking I would be able to fix it. I have un-bricked PSP's before with Pandora. This one has me beat. When you turn on the PSP the green light flashes for an instant then nothing. With Pandora and Jigstick the green power light just continually flashes very quickly.
The PSP will charge up O.K. I have checked all the motherboard fuses. All O.K.
I checked the Pandora and stick on my working PSP. All O.K.
Is it possible that the nand is corrupt? I have read quite a bit on nand flashers but I cannot find anything about the symptoms of a corrupt nand i.e. flashing lights.
The previous owner swears they do not know what happened. It just stopped working (yeh right.).
Any pointers warmly accepted. TIA.

Darkchild

The Doctor
so it doesn't even boot the Pandora menu?

Have you tried the new Hellcat pandora menu?

what motherboard model is it?

Which are the leds that "Flash" (with the pandora inserted)?

Macflame

Hi Darkchild thanks for your response.
Pandora does not boot. I'm pretty sure I have tried Hellcats menu with the same result. I will go through all the menus again and tick them off a list. I tried quite a few with different memory sticks and firmware.
With the Pandora battery in the power on (green LED) flashes rapidly, about 3 a second. With a standard batttery, when the power switch is on the LED will flash once.
The motherboard is a TA-081. I should strip it for parts but I could learn something from this. Even if it is keep my money in my pocket next time! I just thought, I haven't tried changing the card reader slot. Might be worth a shot.

Acerthief

Is is power button still on after the green light stop flashing?

Maybe the pandora IS working, but it's just not showing. (Happened to me before when my keys were corrupted)

Press X after all the LED stop flashing, and see if it starts flashing again. (aka blind installing)

Macflame

Hi Acerthief. Many thanks for your response.
I do not think the power is still on. I have looked at the memory card light and it doesn't flash (showing that Pandora is accessing the memory card.). The power light will continue to flash on and off until the Pandora battery is pulled out. With an ordinary battery to power light just flashes on and off once, after the power switch is turned on.
The PSP is on my to do list at the moment. I have had a lot of work to do but I shall have another go at fixing it tomorrow.

Acerthief

power light flashing, I'd say the battery needs charging.

Charge the pandora (take the plug out right away when it's done, or it will overheat!)
and then give it a try. Maybe it's not working because it has too less power. :D

Macflame

I had charged the Pandora on my good PSP. I then checked to make sure the Pandora was working on the same machine.
The green light on the 'bricked' PSP flashes about three times a second.

dizzy21

MacFlame...I'm having the same issue. I can put a normal mode battery in and the Power light flashes once then turns off. BUT, when I put a service mode battery in the Power light flashes over and over until I remove the battery. I did notice that something had been spilled onto the PSP and it leaked inside (like soda or something)...the LCD Screen is extremely sticky. I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and it's still sticky. I was thinking I would by a new power board and replace it. I'm not sure if that will work, but I will let you know how that works. Please let me know if you find anything else out on your end.

I was wondering if it could even be the motherboard...hard to tell.