• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pro Evolution 2010!!!

Avyroochy

I read recently on Gamecentral that Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 will have all of the old-skool developers that made it for the PS2.

Ever since Pro Evo was introduced on the next gen consoles it has been absolutely rubbish, i.e. online gameplay, character detail etc etc

We all know now how Fifa is beginning to breath down the neck of Pro Evo in terms of quality and controls.

Do you think that the new Pro Evo will dislodge Fifa to become the best played football game again? Or are we ready for another year of dissapointment from the boys at Konami?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
FIFA has been better ever since PES 2008 was released... In terms of grpahics, controls and of course durability (licenses help a lot). The last trailer I saw of a PES game made me reminisce of the old Captain Tsubasa anime.

But FIFA 10 will also most likely be better than PES 2010 because KONAMI have their had so much inside their own asses they can't even see PES is getting worse each year... PES 6 was the last good PES game... But they haven't realized it yet, and therefore EA wins.

Joey

FIFA has been better ever since PES 2008 was released... In terms of grpahics, controls and of course durability (licenses help a lot). The last trailer I saw of a PES game made me reminisce of the old Captain Tsubasa anime.

But FIFA 10 will also most likely be better than PES 2010 because KONAMI have their had so much inside their own asses they can't even see PES is getting worse each year... PES 6 was the last good PES game... But they haven't realized it yet, and therefore EA wins.

From what I've seen, when EA Sports has competition, they are usually the best product on the market.

The NBA games excluded. Although that's not from a lack of effort. NBA Live gets better every year. And MVP baseball blew 2K out of the water when it was out.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
From what I've seen, when EA Sports has competition, they are usually the best product on the market.

The NBA games excluded. Although that's not from a lack of effort. NBA Live gets better every year. And MVP baseball blew 2K out of the water when it was out.

Too true... Ever since PES emerged FIFA has gradually began to become better and better and, imo, FIFA totally owns PES as far as football game right now. Maybe the new iterations can tells us what did both EA and KONAMI learn in the last year.

Joey

Too true... Ever since PES emerged FIFA has gradually began to become better and better and, imo, FIFA totally owns PES as far as football game right now. Maybe the new iterations can tells us what did both EA and KONAMI learn in the last year.

I just wish all the Fifa games had a World Cup mode. I only started getting into soccer during the 2006 WC, and got back in when WC 2010 qualifying started. I don't know much about soccer, so international soccer is easier for me to understand. I don't need to understand the nuisances of the game to know who's good, and who to root for... I just root for the US.

Plus, the World Cup mode is amazing in Fifa World Cup 2006. Atmospherically, they nailed it far better than Fifa 09 from what I can tell. Even with far worse gameplay, that even a noob like me can tell is worse, I prefer Fifa World Cup 2006 more because of the World Cup mode.

I want to get Fifa 10, but I almost want to wait for Fifa World Cup 2010 next summer.

Vee

PES has always been better then FIFA in my opinion. Even in 2008 when the PS3 version of PES was shocking, it was still better then what FIFA were offering. I will never convert to a FIFA player, as long as they keep shoot as circle and cross as square.

I know a quite bit about football games. PES 2010 will be another dissapointment, trust me. In terms of Online, they've gone and taken the PES6 (PS2) online component and adjusted it. That doesn't sound great. Though, they are ditching that ridiculous Konami ID business.

However, i think PES 2011 will wipe the floor with FIFA. Apparently, thats when FIFA's contract for the league licenses ends. That means full kit, tournament and player authenticity.

Joey

PES has always been better then FIFA in my opinion. Even in 2008 when the PS3 version of PES was shocking, it was still better then what FIFA were offering. I will never convert to a FIFA player, as long as they keep shoot as circle and cross as square.

I know a quite bit about football games. PES 2010 will be another dissapointment, trust me. In terms of Online, they've gone and taken the PES6 (PS2) online component and adjusted it. That doesn't sound great. Though, they are ditching that ridiculous Konami ID business.

However, i think PES 2011 will wipe the floor with FIFA. Apparently, thats when FIFA's contract for the league licenses ends. That means full kit, tournament and player authenticity.
Who's to say EA wont put the money up for the licences again?

And that's where you and me are different. Cross on square, and shoot on circle is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Vee

Who's to say EA wont put the money up for the licences again?

And that's where you and me are different. Cross on square, and shoot on circle is the only thing that makes sense to me.

From what i've heard, EA arn't wont be given the oppertunity to buy the licence. Boards like the Barclaycards Premiership were put under so much pressure these last few years, that they've finally given in.

This is all speculation obviously, but it sounds right.

Scorned

I just wish all the Fifa games had a World Cup mode. I only started getting into soccer during the 2006 WC, and got back in when WC 2010 qualifying started. I don't know much about soccer, so international soccer is easier for me to understand. I don't need to understand the nuisances of the game to know who's good, and who to root for... I just root for the US.

I want to get Fifa 10, but I almost want to wait for Fifa World Cup 2010 next summer.

I agree in the fact that Fifa games should have a World Cup mode...but on the other hand, probably my favorite part of regular Fifa games is Manager Mode, so id much rather buy Fifa over World Cup. But my friend did have the Fifa World Cup '06 and admittedly, it was damn fun, and probably the biggest thing i'd want on any normal Fifa game.

And as for controls, i've only played a Fifa game on a console once..and that was on Xbox. Every Fifa (or Soccer/football game for that matter), has always been strictly computer for me.

Riorio99

I stopped playing football games after I felt that PES4 perfected the game. I tried PES5 and PES6, as well as various FIFA games, but none have beaten PES4 for pure excellence.