• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Problems connecting to the PSN

Organized_Chaos

I've connected to the PSN with my PSP and tried to download a free theme and a free wallpaper and I get an error message. I press O and it takes me to the download page but when I press X on the download button nothing happens. It doesn't go to another page, it doesn't start downloading anything, nothing happens.

Error Message:
frmbuf022.bmp

After I close that error message I will be taken to the page to download the file and I press X but it doesn't do anything. Nothing changes.
frmbuf023.bmp

Do I have to give Sony my billing information to download free stuff? I didn't have to put that info in when I set up my PSN account so I didn't give it to them.

Serideth

I can't seem to find any concrete information with regards to what that error is, some site said it's from registering too many PSN accounts on one console but that sounds stupid.

In regards to registering your payment details with them that's only for buying stuff, not for the freebies.

Organized_Chaos

I've only ever used 1 PSN account on my PSPs so I don't think that's the problem.

Maybe someone else will have this same problem and will be able to tell me how to fix it... :(

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Since I can't get the PSN to work on my PSP I tried using the Media Go application..

I am getting an error message when I try to transfer over my LittleBig Planet demo from my computer to my PSP using Media Go. I went to where the demo was downloaded to my computer and it was a file named "bKYNxwJxrPRlpvsJDLsi4rR95bfJGEdC3TrkAIYFCCBInd0Q0h2iFMn390amsiSxCxnioQ7QA8QKrqR8RKq9c1NcPGONAQOHxYNlT.pkg" and I don't think that will play if I manually place that in my GAME folder.

The error message I'm getting is this:
Code:
  A network error has occurred.
(80048B02)    Time: 7/6/2010 1:54:28 AM    Code: 0x80048b02
I had a PSP-1001 with 5.50 GEN Prometheus (D4) and Media Go sees my PSP as having firmware 9.90 when this error occured.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I just attempted to buy a PS1 game from the PSN using my PSP and it lets me add it to the cart and check out. It says I don't have enough money in my wallet and asks if I want to add funds but I won't go any further than that because I don't want to actually buy games yet... I just want a few demos first.

So, does this mean anything? Does this give anyone and clues on how I can get the PSN to work for me? I mean, this goes further than the free stuff... the free stuff I can't even download or anything.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
Hey at least your not the only one :) i also have the same excatly problem with the PSN store, but for me it let me download a few demos but for some reason not the videos.

Organized_Chaos

I've tried every other day since just a few days after 6.30 was released (6.30 probably has nothing to do with it, I'm just using that as a timeframe so you know how long I've tried).

Also, about media go:
Since I can't get the PSN to work on my PSP I tried using the Media Go application..

I am getting an error message when I try to transfer over my LittleBig Planet demo from my computer to my PSP using Media Go. I went to where the demo was downloaded to my computer and it was a file named "bKYNxwJxrPRlpvsJDLsi4rR95bfJGEdC3TrkAIYFCCBInd0Q0h2iFMn390amsiSxCxnioQ7QA8QKrqR8RKq9c1NcPGONAQOHxYNlT.pkg" and I don't think that will play if I manually place that in my GAME folder.

The error message I'm getting is this:
Code:
  A network error has occurred.
(80048B02)    Time: 7/6/2010 1:54:28 AM    Code: 0x80048b02
I had a PSP-1001 with 5.50 GEN Prometheus (D4) and Media Go sees my PSP as having firmware 9.90 when this error occured.
This error message appears with both PSPs no matter what PSN purchase I try to transfer.
If I upgrade to 6.20 or 6.30 to use the PSN, when I downgrade back to 5.50 what do I need to do to make my purchases work? Is there a way to convert the purchases to remove the $ony shit from them (like the pirates do)? Or is that super hard work?

I thought going legit would be easier than pirating stuff... but Sony makes its very hard to be legit.