• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ps3 campout

JustPie

Day 1

My friend and i are outside of best buy as we speak typing this message to all you who wanted to camp out but didn't have the time to or didn't want to. Its about 30 hours into our campout and we have about 24 more to go. We got here at 11am yesterday confident that we would be one of the first people in line but to our suprise there were already 6 tents set up and small army line of people beyond the tents waiting for people to bring their tents and various campting supplies... We were number 26th and 27th in line one of the draw backs was that there are only 24 60gb and supposidly 10 20gb ps3s coming in. Though i believe we may have lucked out, Turns out the kids in front of us got caught drinking and they were all underage so they got charged with MIP's and we havnt seen them since so that puts us up in line, To our suprise another thing went in our favor the the people in front of the kids who got an MIP havn't been here for 2 head counts so they got moved to the back of the line so that should garentee us 2 60gb hd models...

Lots of people said they were crazy for saying out here for a gaming system so is really waiting out in line for over 48 hours with the rain pouring non stop worth it?... I would say it was.. we met a lot of cool people here, it was basically a party the whole first day and i am looking forward to today.

--joe talking now

um, last night everone to the left of us got fucked up, and so did the people to the right of us, i tried to sleep, but i couldnt till like 4 am, its pretty mirraculous because me and dave were 26 and 27 and we just got moved up 3 spaces so that we both are 23 and 24, and there are exactly 24 60 gb premium models inside, man that rocks dont it.

its kinda funny though because there isnt a person in this line who is buying it to play it, except for the guy in front, but he started waiting on tuesday morning, so i mean hes crazy, i hear he does the molding for the ps3 cases.

secretly dave left last night at around 2 am and ran home (literally, in the freezing rain) to sleep in his own bed, and he didnt make it back for the headcount, but luckily everyone here likes us so thet let it slide, and i just called him up and made him get back over here, he ended up getting back at around 8 and he just decided to skip class. Luckily there is a wireless network here, and since in geek squad i know the proxy to use to get internet access, so i just emailed my paper out and didnt have to go to class.

but i do have to work today so i duno what im gonna do about that.

-soon to be 2000 dollars richer- joe

PsypheR

I dearly hope this report isn't coming from you.

Waiting in line for more than a day just for the $600 PS3 is a waste.
The launch titles don't even suffice for the long and pricey wait.

But whatever, I hope those who foolishly wait like that enjoy the PS3.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
haha, nice man. Hope you get back with a PS3 ;)

PsypheR: I think he is getting one mainly to make a profit off ebay :p