• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 Disk Drive

41exand3r

I've been noticing a lot of people asking around about problems with their PS3 not reading disks at all, or some haven't tried to see if a DVD will work and such.

My PS3 will SOMETIMES read PS3 and Blu-ray format disks, but has absolutely no problem reading from PS2 disks, DVDs, or CDs.

Does the system use different optics? Something maybe to do with the intensity of the laser? It just bothers me so bad I have a system that works, but not with the disks it was designed to work with?

Has anyone run into a fix for this problem?

Alex

I Think it has a red and blue laser im not too sure. But from experience you blu ray drive is on its way out. If you still have warrenty on it i STRONGLY advise you to get it serviced.

41exand3r

The warranty has expired, plus I've opened it up to blow the dust out (after it quit working.)

I'm debating on whether or not to send it in for the 149.99 USD, but when I opened it, one of the small plastic clamps that holds the blu-ray drive ribbon to the motherboard snapped, and although the drive itself still works, I don't want to send it in only for then to tell me they won't fix it.

Alex

did you manage to fix the snapped clip or manage to hold the ribbon down?

That may be your problem.