• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Support, Due Out September 21

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps3_slimfw342.jpg

Sony just announced via its PS Blog that firmware 3.50 for PS3 will go live on September 21, giving PS3 owners the ability to playback 3D content on supported Blu-ray discs.

Also promised are "a few additional features." There's no word on what those might be yet. At the very least, this update is shaping to be more exciting than the jailbreak-killing security patch that was 3.42[...]

Continue reading: PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Support, Due Out September 21...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Maybe PS2 emulation through software?

Oh... Who the f* am I kidding? :/

Hellcat

Contributor
Maybe PS2 emulation through software?
*lol* good one.... nice try :p

How was the saying again.... "hope dies last"? xD

Well, seeing that the 21st is close and I likely aint having time to power up my PS3 any time soon, I'll likely going to skip 3.42 and jump directely to 3.50....

Hm, what might be the other "new additions"....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
*lol* good one.... nice try :p

How was the saying again.... "hope dies last"? xD

Well, seeing that the 21st is close and I likely aint having time to power up my PS3 any time soon, I'll likely going to skip 3.42 and jump directely to 3.50....

Hm, what might be the other "new additions"....

It's official pr0n support.

El Diablo

I thought they already added 3d support in another patch didn't they?

Riorio99

I thought they already added 3d support in another patch didn't they?

Only for 3D games. Apparently Blu-Ray needs a different patch.

I do hope that this update actually adds something of interest for those that don't have a 3DTV.

angelsniper45

ehh. 3D was cool. But it died a long time ago. Its a good idea but they are over doing it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How did 3D die a long time ago? The industry just started making a push towards it not too long ago and it's a continuing trend - look at the 3DS.