• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 Firmware 3.70 Out Soon, Brings Auto Trophy Sync for PS Plus Subscribers

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psnetwork.jpg

<strong>Update</strong>: Firmware 3.70 is now available via Network Update or <a href="http://downloads.exophase.com/767/ps3-firmware-370/">from our download section</a>.

Trophy collecting aficionados know the pain of having to manually re-sync trophies to update the totals on PSN and various stat-tracking sites, including our gamercards. With PS3 firmware 3.70, Sony is adding an 'Automatic Update' feature that automatically syncs trophies and uploads save data to the PSN cloud for backup purposes.

The catch? It's for PS Plus subscribers only.

If you aren't a member of Sony's incentive-driven loyalty program, this update isn't quite as noteworthy[...]

Continue reading: PS3 Firmware 3.70 Out Soon, Brings Auto Trophy Sync for PS Plus Subscribers...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just got the prompt. That auto update everything feature is real tempting. I might bite the bullet to get PSN+ just for that feature alone.

january39

eXo Staff
Yeah, it is a good feature. I think PS+ is worth it after that months trial i was quite surprised at how much you did get, the discounts were very tempting.

eldiablov

Contributor
Kind of shitty, I guess they've got to give some sort of incentive for people to keep paying that subscription. How far will this go though?

OUTL4W

Can't understand why it took this long to implement this.....good thing I am psn+ subscriber.

Slightly off topic ~ can anyone else log into http://us.playstation.com/psn/ or is it me. Damn site been "under maintenance" for the 3rd week now......good freakin' lord.

B

Bizarre

Thank God I got rid of my PS3 again, I've given up on Sony releasing actual updates that benefit the users.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There's only so much a console can do. What features do you need at the moment that consoles don't already do?

I pop on my consoles, check who's online, then fire up the game. I'll occasionally go browse Netflix or rent a movie, and I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people reading this use their consoles the exact same way. I don't need or want anything more from it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The only thing I want on my PS3 is cross game party chat. From being a major xbox player to starting to play the ps3 alot, it kills me that this feature isn't on it.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Can't understand why it took this long to implement this.....good thing I am psn+ subscriber.

Slightly off topic ~ can anyone else log into http://us.playstation.com/psn/ or is it me. Damn site been "under maintenance" for the 3rd week now......good freakin' lord.
I've been able to log in for the past 3 weeks and just logged in right now.

B

Bizarre

There's only so much a console can do. What features do you need at the moment that consoles don't already do?

Well What I want is more upgrades on already implemented features rather then new features. Example would be a better browser,

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Well What I want is more upgrades on already implemented features rather then new features. Example would be a better browser, I would love cross game chat as mentioned above but that feature is a bust.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have no need to use a browser on a console. I think when away from my work laptop, I'm browsing from my phone 99% of the time. Sure it would be nice to have a better one, but it's not a knockout for reasons why not to buy a PS3, etc.

eldiablov

Contributor
I have no need to use a browser on a console. I think when away from my work laptop, I'm browsing from my phone 99% of the time. Sure it would be nice to have a better one, but it's not a knockout for reasons why not to buy a PS3, etc.

The only feature I want is MKV support.

BlackSheep

I pop on my consoles, check who's online, then fire up the game. I'll occasionally go browse Netflix or rent a movie, and I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people reading this use their consoles the exact same way. I don't need or want anything more from it.
Well xbox has nice updates and I would love espn,cross party chat, and a new ui because I hate the xmb so much

Dan

Contributor
The XMB looks like ass even more now, the icons look ridiculous, as does the new iPlayer.