• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Digital PS3 Might Never Get Skyrim Dawnguard DLC

David Sanchez

Dawnguard.jpg

If you're a PlayStation 3 owner hoping to play the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC, you might be in store for a bit of disappointment. While Bethesda is certainly working on it, there seems to be an issue with transferring the content to Sony's platform. Simply put, it's kind of hard to do. "Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard," wrote Bethesda.

Continue reading...

eldiablov

Contributor
Yet another good reason to just drop consoles altogether. Think I'll save my cash and just buy a PC.

hush404

Ehh, me thinks Bethesda needs some new coders? :p It seems funny that other developers are able to eek sooo much out of the system and then certain developers just fumble on it.
I own Skyrim on PS3, but I'm not too concerned about the DLC bit... as I also have it on the PC (Modding of course) but feel for friends whom don't have that option.

David Sanchez

Yeah, I have it on the PS3, too. Honestly, I doubt I would even buy the DLC just because there's so much I've yet to do in the main game, so I can't see myself buying something that adds even more stuff that I probably won't do. Still, this is a bummer for folks who really wanted that DLC.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I think people have mentioned before that Skyrim has thousands of Static objects in place all across the world including your own stuff, and it has to remember that.

I think that is one of the reasons why it has trouble in combination with the small 256MBx2 RAM split in the system.

Also: Maybe their Engine just sucks(None of their games are really all that great looking without mods.). Or just Bethesda just doesn't have the necessary people they need for PS3 development. Obviously if they did, they probably wouldn't have this problem. Evidence that they really just don't care about the PS3 and it's an after thought to them.

hush404

I think you hit the nail on the heard, Trigun. Bethesda seems to be lacking the man power, expertise, an engine that can deal with the machine and the ability to give two shits about it all. I'm sure they made a ton on PS3 gamers already, why fix it up proper if they don't need to? lol, maybe I'm being too harsh? While I love their games, there's always SOOO many problems.