• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3Tetris

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[video=youtube;8hOnD8n54wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOnD8n54wU[/video]

created by me, i should have a release in a day or so, just gatta clean up the code a bit, and clean up the display, and add a menu, shouldn't take longer than a day=-)

Gunna release the source too or just the binary?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
source as well=-)
i'm nearly done, i wish i could add audio, but i don't even know where to begin with audio handling, that'll have to wait until someone create's a better sample demonstrating audio usage, as for what's left i've just got to implement a menu, high score saving, difficulty, procedural difficulty, and that should wrap it up, i'd say i'll have it out in 5 hours if i don't hit any major bugs

edit: binary's up, enjoy, source well come later tommorow

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Always nice to see more PS3 homebrew :) Good job!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Seems pretty broken for a release...

jus sayin

care to elaborate on what's broken?, besides high score+480p problem, it's perfectly playable
also, i've found where the ps3 is being held up, it's just a matter of discovering why it holds up their

edit: alright, the 480p problem has been solved, and i think i know why the high scores won't save, should be a quick fix

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i can accept a 1/10 for art=-)

edit: high score problem is solved as well, now just to change a few things, and i'll be done, and put out a final release

Spiros

Maiki
i can accept a 1/10 for art=-)

edit: high score problem is solved as well, now just to change a few things, and i'll be done, and put out a final release

Are you not going to work on the aesthetics at all? The game itself looks well done, but I do think it would be alot more enjoyable to play if it looked a bit prettier, maybe if you could have the score and other stats displayed in a panel, and the white space around the game area you could have some kind of graphic, or an option to have a solid color that slowly changes in intensity (I have a plasma TV and images can get burnt in if they don't change.). Just some ideas.

Great job.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Are you not going to work on the aesthetics at all? The game itself looks well done, but I do think it would be alot more enjoyable to play if it looked a bit prettier, maybe if you could have the score and other stats displayed in a panel, and the white space around the game area you could have some kind of graphic, or an option to have a solid color that slowly changes in intensity (I have a plasma TV and images can get burnt in if they don't change.). Just some ideas.

Great job.

ah, i shouldn't have said final release, i do plan to add audio(discovered libogg has been ported to the ps3), and a better menu system, adding color shifting shouldn't be too hard, i'll see what i can do

also, thanks for talking about the burn in, i wouldn't have thought about taking that into account

anywho, next version should be up soon, which fixes the 2 issues, then i'll work on the final release=-)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
alright, final version is out, supports fading background changes for those plasma tv's, audio is possible thinks to HermesEOL creating ps3libsound, so, full audio, changed most of the UI, and that pretty much wraps up this release:

[video=youtube;cZpGkFGHvdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpGkFGHvdA[/video]

see first post for link updates

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
... id so much prefer to see this aesthetically improved. It pains me to watch Tetris in bland formats. I like the color transitioning but maybe some graphic overlay on top of the color would be nice.

A quick down or instant down action would be nice too instead of having to watch the drawn out animation of the block falling where you want it.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
... id so much prefer to see this aesthetically improved. It pains me to watch Tetris in bland formats. I like the color transitioning but maybe some graphic overlay on top of the color would be nice.

A quick down or instant down action would be nice too instead of having to watch the drawn out animation of the block falling where you want it.

the video really doesn't do it justice though, you lose alot of quality then seeing it on an tv, a quick down is already implemented(hold the down button), also, it goes that slow since the game just started, the difficulty get's harder every 10 line clear's, an instant down would be easy to implement

however, overall, i don't think i'm going to, i've done enough with tetris, and i released the entire source, so if someone wants to add an instant down, or a better ui/gfx, they are most welcome to

i only built this game to learn the rsx and homebrew sdk, to which i've learned quite a bit, so i can move onto my next project