• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

PS4 hours played

PhoenixFG

Added the ability to add/modify lastplayed date and hours. Hover over any game in your list, click the edit icon and you'll see the new options pop up :) So this means you can now add hours for PSN games.

Let me know if there's any issues. Next is support for manually adding games that aren't in the tracking database, this will take a bit longer but I hope to have it up in a couple weeks.

One thing to be aware of though, since the manual values are given priority, if you update the last played time whatever you enter will stick until you update it again. I'm not sure if I should just disable editing last played for the games we track, any thoughts?

You're tracking the date, I think it should be disabled. The site does a great job on that already so it's redundant IMO. But yay!! Thanks so much for adding this feature! And so quickly too! You're awesome!
ETA: Works like a charm! And yeah, I didn't even bother fiddling with the date.

Last edited:

Gamer Steve

Added the ability to add/modify lastplayed date and hours. Hover over any game in your list, click the edit icon and you'll see the new options pop up :) So this means you can now add hours for PSN games.

Let me know if there's any issues. Next is support for manually adding games that aren't in the tracking database, this will take a bit longer but I hope to have it up in a couple weeks.

One thing to be aware of though, since the manual values are given priority, if you update the last played time whatever you enter will stick until you update it again. I'm not sure if I should just disable editing last played for the games we track, any thoughts?
Your the man this is awesome thanks for making this site better and better each day keep up the amazing work

xandowsk

Works great. Thank you!

I don't think last played really matters for games that are tracked automatically. Unless if we have to correct some possible error if it happens for some reason.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks guys :) Went ahead and disabled the edit date for the games we track then.

chunji

You guys are the most awesome. I'm not at home and thus away from my play times but I'm excited to add them in! Thank you so much!

Kenny007

I had returned to this thread to inquire about just this very thing. I like to keep my times as precise as possible (no fluffing up bogus times for me; they're primarily for my benefit and not some form of leaderboards or whatnot) and while hustling through my list to manually move Raptr times to Exophase, I accidentally updated a STEAM tracked item. I quickly reverted it to what STEAM was reporting on its overlay, but I was wondering if it would ever continue tracking as it had. Your above statement leads me to believe it won't, and now I'm sad...lol.

Put me in for one vote for 'Don't manually manipulate tracked games'. It doesn't seem necessary, and for tracked games, it might also keep the integrity of such titles intact (whereas manually tracked players could just throw in 'OVER 9000!' into the field if they really wanted to fake boast).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I had returned to this thread to inquire about just this very thing. I like to keep my times as precise as possible (no fluffing up bogus times for me; they're primarily for my benefit and not some form of leaderboards or whatnot) and while hustling through my list to manually move Raptr times to Exophase, I accidentally updated a STEAM tracked item. I quickly reverted it to what STEAM was reporting on its overlay, but I was wondering if it would ever continue tracking as it had. Your above statement leads me to believe it won't, and now I'm sad...lol.

Put me in for one vote for 'Don't manually manipulate tracked games'. It doesn't seem necessary, and for tracked games, it might also keep the integrity of such titles intact (whereas manually tracked players could just throw in 'OVER 9000!' into the field if they really wanted to fake boast).

Actually, to revert the playtime on a tracked item you'll want to set it to 0 and then refresh the page. That will force a switch back to using the tracked value.

The only reason I can see it being useful is if people want to correct their hours for games they left on a pause screen for too long (someone had asked me about this before).

To avoid accidental edits, I could make it more clear whether a custom value is being used, and maybe just add a button that reverts any changes in one click. But I'm fine with removing all edits for tracked games, that does help keep things more consistent I think.

Kenny007

Actually, to revert the playtime on a tracked item you'll want to set it to 0 and then refresh the page. That will force a switch back to using the tracked value.

The only reason I can see it being useful is if people want to correct their hours for games they left on a pause screen for too long (someone had asked me about this before).

To avoid accidental edits, I could make it more clear whether a custom value is being used, and maybe just add a button that reverts any changes in one click. But I'm fine with removing all edits for tracked games, that does help keep things more consistent I think.

This worked perfectly, thank you.

I worry about that pause screen stuff myself, so I could concede that, though I tend to just log out when possible. Seems only STEAM tracks things reliably these days; LIVE used to and PSN has never been all that good at it so I just keep the count mentally for those and jot it down afterwards, or use a stopwatch app I have.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
just wondering how long after you input hours it takes to get on your gamercard?
If you've manually added hours, those actually aren't counted on the gamercard yet. I will get that added soon.

redxon

Any news on the manually added hours appearing on the gamercard? It seems it has not happened yet, right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any news on the manually added hours appearing on the gamercard? It seems it has not happened yet, right?
Not yet. Will be added alongside the next site update. I don't have an ETA, hoping to go live with it soon though just a few more things to sort out first. Finishing that last 10% of any project is always difficult :p