• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSN APP Store Confirmed

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Hate to say "I told you so" (so f* clich

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got an iPhone, so I won't spend one red cent on anything from this PSN App Store. I wonder why Sony thinks that people will go everywhere with the PSPgo like they do a cell phone...and if you can get an app on your cell phone, why would you need it on a PSPgo?

Cryox

Bro.
I've got an iPhone, so I won't spend one red cent on anything from this PSN App Store. I wonder why Sony thinks that people will go everywhere with the PSPgo like they do a cell phone...and if you can get an app on your cell phone, why would you need it on a PSPgo?

And why would you want to wait for a calculator to load (+gameboot) when you can get to your phones calculator with two simple clicks (or touches)

xploren

Contributor
This has potential. I hope the developers don't fuck this up. If there are some surprise games on it, then I'll probably get them. If I see calculators and whatnot, I'm with Abe on this.

Vee

I've got a feeling this is going to be phenomenal. Sony have been really great at monitoring and keeping a high level of games coming onto the PS3 Store. I'm sure they'll do just the same here. I'm not planning to get one of these PSPGo's, but if the App Store and the Apps are anything like Apple's, then i might reconsider.

Moose

Meta Moose
My iPod Touch gets more use than my PSP at the moment... doubt that is going to change because all my favourite applications are already on the Touch, I'm not going to wait for Sony to play catch-up.

eighty4

This man is very wise.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();

Not everyone has an iphone though.

I think there will be some really cool apps too. Bluetooth!!

Moose

Meta Moose
Not everyone has an iphone though.

I think there will be some really cool apps too. Bluetooth!!

Apple were wise to open up the Bluetooth in the iPod Touch to developers in the recent 3.0 update, it will give them a good head start.

Hellcat

Contributor
For me this still does not sound like anything even remotely to Apple's AppStore.

Maybe I just missed a few paragraphes of the article....
Where does it say anyone who wants can submit apps and games?
Where can one get the SDK?
"Sony already has 50 Studios working [...]" << professional devs only again, still not "Everyone can" like AppStore....

It would be too great though if it were the case.

Also this is not meant to make all "I has iPhone AppStore already" shouters to drop their iPhone and only carry a PSP(go), IMHO those comparisons are total BS.
(I have an iPhone as well and am still interested in this big time!)
There's things you better do an an iPhone (above mentioned calculator) and there's thing you better do on a PSP (real games).

It's a (way too late, admitted) attempt of Sony to bring back at least SOME (hopefully) enjoyable content back on the PSP.

Slasher

Suck It
Did most of you even read the article? The title of this thread & article is pretty misleading seeing as this feature mentioned is not really even an "APP Store".

It's just a special section of the PSN Store that has short, fun, [probably] simple games/apps that can be used on the PSP Go.

Straight from the article:
"It is still a professional environment, you still need a development kit and you still need to have investment and a team," he told the site. "But it can be a small team. We don't see any of the restrictions on the disc-based space being in this space.

Users can expect "snackable" games as small as 20MBs in size"

Not an iphone-like app store at all. Not even close as far as crap being released for it goes. I for one will probably be buying a few games from this section of the PSN Store. If I'm satisfied, then I'll definitely continue checking them out.

Hellcat

Contributor
Slasher pretty nice hit exactely my point!
Thank you, Slasher, couldn't have said it better! :)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The quality of games will be much greater than that of the App Store.

These Dev Kits aren't as affordable as the iPhone SDKs. It might take half a grand to buy the dev kit, if not more. Most people can't afford that. So I'm pretty sure there will be no fart apps.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Lemme see...will I be carrying around my PSP slim in my pocket (which everyone will know what it is) or will I be carrying around my iPod touch (which people think it's my wallet, when it's my ipod IN my wallet)?

First Sony stole Ninty's tilt idea, Microsoft's home button and now this...
Sony, you get my daily failure award!

Adiuvo

I don't see why you would care about people knowing what you're carrying... unless you get mugged often.

Also, lol at stealing ideas. There is no such thing in the gaming industry.

Hellcat

Contributor
Hmm, anyone got a clue what they charge for that "in price reduced SDK"?
/me wonders

And does it include a dev-PSP for testing stuff? (Supposed to, I think....)