• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP-1004 WLAN Switch Busted

SirrBeele

Hello Guy's Me again :blushing:

My WLAN Switch from my PSP-1004 is busted is there a program where i can activate it ? or something so i can go on the net & store :smile:

Grtz

PS( Thx for all the help on my brick :closedeyes::smile:)

Adiuvo

http://goo.gl/lYz7I

It's a pretty easy fix. Once you open up the PSP you just have to plug this in.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hello Guy's Me again :blushing:

My WLAN Switch from my PSP-1004 is busted is there a program where i can activate it ? or something so i can go on the net & store :smile:

Grtz

PS( Thx for all the help on my brick :closedeyes::smile:)

Unfortunately not.
It did seem to be a problem with phat units since the WLAN switch was in the grip of the console which is maybe one reason why it was moved to the top with the slims but as far as I am aware, there isn't any plugins to switch the WLAN on.

EDIT: didn't see Adiuvo's post before but fixing it in hardware is certainly doable.

january39

eXo Staff
It is quite easy, but you need to remove quite a bit of stuff to get access to it.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
"is there a program where i can activate it"
That's like asking if you can code a light switch to be on all the time when there's a physical connection that's broken. So no, unfortunately you can't activate it with software.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
"is there a program where i can activate it"
That's like asking if you can code a light switch to be on all the time when there's a physical connection that's broken. So no, unfortunately you can't activate it with software.

I'm fairly sure that the WLAN switch just sets a value, it doesn't provide power to the WLAN board or anything. I could be wrong though. There was a WLAN power saver plugin but it was only useful if the switch was on IIRC.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
I'm fairly sure that the WLAN switch just sets a value, it doesn't provide power to the WLAN board or anything. I could be wrong though. There was a WLAN power saver plugin but it was only useful if the switch was on IIRC.

I know it's an actual switch. English is not my native language, but to put it in layman terms the switch has three connectors. The wifi circuit is connected to two of them, and the switch connects them. When you flick the switch it disconnects the first cable and keeps the empty connector and second cable connected, thus breaking the circuit.

That's the case on a PSP Slim and I would honestly be very surprised if the Phat used another system. If it did we would've seen this change on changelogs and what not.