• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP psp 3000 hack question

mafiosso

HI,

Did anyone try to hack the PSP 3000 vs 5.03 using a Sony memory stick pro duo 8gb?
Because i can`t get it. I`m having problems installing the ChickHENR2 or mhuspeed3. On the PSP memory card is says Magic gate supportable.

Hellcat

Contributor
What exactely happens or does not happen?

You have to try several times (sometimes 100+ times) until the HEN kicks in and the PSP reboots into HEN mode.
Just keep trying.

Deathrow

*Cant use a CTF or wallpaper
*You need the "slim" version of the exploit
There are also multiple versions to achieve better success. I learned that the. tiff in ChickHEN R2 doesnt work all the time.

Hope I've help :D

guyver

We have thesame bro PSP3001 i use 8gb but chicken r2 run smooth on my psp make sure you do this,copy chicken r2 on PSP/PHOTO make an new folder and rename it to PHOTO,then copy H.bin to root of memory card MSO:/H.bin.

mafiosso

I have psp 3000 pb piano black, i put the h.bin also speed.bin in ms root (on MS not in any folder), tried lots of version still can get the flipping screen. The psp some time freez and some time is not feezing.

Hellcat

Contributor
Does it reboot when "it's not freezing" or does it simply do nothing at all and sit at the image list?

mafiosso

when i say is not freezing means i can scroll the imgs but after 2-3 time up and down it freeze and auto restart.

skyend

If it auto restarts then check your firmware version, you might be booting into chickHEN all the time & probably didnt knew it

mafiosso

is still saying on the system info "system software version 5.03" The umd auto start is off and also umd cache is off is another setting I have to set it off? Sorry for the error i just said early is not auto restart is just turning off, and i`m using chickHENa for 8gb MS

mafiosso

I`m using this tutorial and still i can`t manage to do it. Is there a proble if my psp is form japan?

Installing ChickHen *Recommended for smaller MS's*:

1: Download: PSP Downloads | ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler R2
2: Extract h.bin to the root of your MS & the contents of "SLIM"/"ChickHEN" to X:pSP/PICTURE/
3: In the XMB go to System Config?Restore Default Settings. Run, leaving the Psps nickname as its default.
4: Go to System Config?UMD Autostart & UMD Cache, switch both to [off]
5: Go to Pictures and scroll down to the bottom image. *If the psps screen glitches and the wifi light starts blinking then it's a success. If the psp freezes, either give it 10 seconds to turn off on its own, or take the battery out and try again.* **ChickHen is not a 100%, may need to try a few times**