• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP 3000 hacked!

matt

Datel has unlocked service mode on the PSP 3000!

Link

Excerpt from topic said:
MaxConsole can exclusively reveal that the brand new PSP 3000 model is now perfectly hackable thanks to Datel's newest tool battery that will put the PSP 3000 into service mode. Once you're in service mode, you can downgrade your PSP and pretty much do what you want with it! The new crypto processor based battery is called the LITE BLUE TOOL battery and will enable the service mode on both PSP 2000 and PSP 3000 models. It will come with the option to toggle between a service mode and normal mode, and also features a built in LED power gauge. Look out for the LITE BLUE TOOL when it goes on sale from November 28th priced at $19.99 in the UK market and $29.99 across North America.

Seth

MD Party Room
Sweet I might just pick one out...

Adiuvo

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
it might boot into service mode, but might not work....
Plus are we sure we want go into service mode this time? Even if we do downgrade we might not can use the custom firmware on it yet...
IDK I really don't know, im just typing what im thinking right now.:3
Also nice find! this might make be buy the psp-3000 now just get another one. Im kinda hating the psp-1000 now.

LocutusEstBorg

Well, I've been told by someone that there IS a working kernel exploit on current firmware, as well as a user exploit to launch your app.

CFW is possible by rebooting with patches, and doesn't HAVE to begin with a custom IPL like it does now.

So if someone leaks an official magic memory stick, then we can always use it to downgrade (unbrick) back to an early OFW and install CFW with the found exploits.

Vee

I dont think this is quite right.

Something just seems a bit off, how on earth does Datal come out of nowhere and find how to hack the PSP?!

FreePlay

It can enable service mode, but we still haven't figured the pre-IPL yet so it can ONLY enable it - we can't actually USE it.

Seth

MD Party Room
So do you have a prebuild of this freeplay?

Slasher

Suck It
Because Freeplay talks like he knows it inside and out, before even seeing it.

I mean, it's an educated guess, but as we all know guesses aren't always right

LocutusEstBorg

Slasher said:
Because Freeplay talks like he knows it inside and out, before even seeing it.

I mean, it's an educated guess, but as we all know guesses aren't always right

Anyone with some basic knowledge of the PSP's security knows exactly the said information. Its not a guess.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wonder why freeplay dident post it here first?...

Anyway this is a great way to start the new year..

-chw42-

Like a Boss
.......That's just a PoC.

Yeah and if there's an exploit, hacks may come soon after. It's not a guarantee, but it sure beats Datel saying they made some awesome battery that can put any PSP into service mode and not having any kind of proof to back it up.

explosions

Yeah and if there's an exploit, hacks may come soon after. It's not a guarantee, but it sure beats Datel saying they made some awesome battery that can put any PSP into service mode and not having any kind of proof to back it up.

I haven't heard about FreePlay's version (my guess it that it works universally), but the unencrypted one requires CFW......