• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Games on PS3 soon to come?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Source: PS3GEN - Google Translate

What does this mean? Is Sony giving up one the PSP? Or are they too focused on its possible successor and making the PS3 a success?

Thoughts?

Riorio99

It will obviously cannibalise PSP sales, and PSP ports of Console games will be out of the window, unless its just for a few PSP games, like the port of Liberty City Stories to the PS2.

If Sony allows this for all games, it will have to drop support for the PSP to make it viable.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Stupid move to release this before the PS2 emu =|

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They have no evidence, so I have no reason to rage about anything.

:(

They might be right, usually GEN sites are spot on with their rumors.

Dan

Contributor
It makes me sad. The PSP was so good back in the day, then the pirates came and killed it. Surely there's something Sony can think of.

Colm

Discontinue the 3k, force PSN-only on all new game releases, hope exploits aren't released. That's what I can think of.

Adiuvo

I doubt it'll happen. If it does within the PSP's lifetime, it's when the PSP2 is released.

Sinfulfate

It makes me sad. The PSP was so good back in the day, then the pirates came and killed it. Surely there's something Sony can think of.
What? When was the PSP ever good? And pirates didn't kill the PSP Sony did when they neglected it to focus on the PS3.

I don't think this rumor is true since it doesn't make much sense imo. This would make the PSP pretty much useless.

AR3S

G0d of W@R
I don't understand how you people are connecting this article to the death of the psp... Just because Sony might sell psp gomes for the ps3 means nothing to the psp

Access_Denied

I don't understand how you people are connecting this article to the death of the psp... Just because Sony might sell psp gomes for the ps3 means nothing to the psp

Because why would you buy a PSP when you could just play the same games on your PS3? There's those select few that want homebrew and portablility, but for most people, the $250 cost of the PSP will just make them want to play the same games on their PS3. It could lower the already poor sale of PSP games.

Hellcat

Contributor
Because why would you buy a PSP when you could just play the same games on your PS3? There's those select few that want homebrew and portablility, but for most people, the $250 cost of the PSP will just make them want to play the same games on their PS3. It could lower the already poor sale of PSP games.
Crap crap is crap.

You can't carry a PS3 with you and play on the road, so why in frozen over hell should the PSP sell less just because you MIGHT be able to play PSP games on the PS3....

And don't let forget: this is an unconfirmed rumor.... (yet)

LocutusEstBorg

I for one actually use my PSP exclusively for homebrew. The current PSP is crap by today's standards and needs to die. There is no point in hoping that devs put in the effort to make maximum use of the hardware like they do on the PS3 (Killzone 2). The average PSP studio makes crappy looking games. The only solution is more powerful hardware. Its time for the PSP2.

Access_Denied

Crap crap is crap.

You can't carry a PS3 with you and play on the road, so why in frozen over hell should the PSP sell less just because you MIGHT be able to play PSP games on the PS3....

And don't let forget: this is an unconfirmed rumor.... (yet)

I know it's unconfirmed, I'm just speaking hypothetically.

And I know plenty of people, me for one, who only have a PSP to play PSP games. We don't care where we play them, and we don't care if they're portable. If I have to play Resistance on my PS3 rather than my PSP, so be it. That's where I played the other 2 anyway. Some people don't care about portability, only the games. My PSP hasn't been used more than 5 feet from my TV in months.

EDIT: And Torch, I agree. The PSPs lack of support for anti-aliasing just makes games look like crap. Drop the PSP, beef up the hardware and give us something that looks good. Looks aren't everything in games, but they sure do help.

Hellcat

Contributor
It's not the HW, it's much the devs as well.
Common dev's have no clue of how to get the most of the HW they got.
You CAN do AA on the PSP, you just gotta get the idea on how to do it.
You could even do a 480x580 screen res, for crying out loud :argh:

The problem is, todays devs rely too much on CPU power and the such instead of using their imagination to find awesomish technical tricks.

Look back, how things have been done back in the early days.
The computers were to do things no one thought they could until some one else had the idea on how to do it....

Or look at Gods Of War on the PSP - that proves it CAN be all done....