• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go General Discussion

Adiuvo

Since it's nearing it's release date and people are even getting it early, figured we should have a thread.

One big thing that struck me as odd about it was the supposedly separate firmwares for the normal models at the Go. Take a look at the below video at 2:22.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Qw-zd8NbY[/YT]

Adiuvo

He got one from Kmart, since they broke the street date. He even showed the receipt with the store address in an earlier video.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here's the list of PSP games made available for purchase today and the Minis:

SCEA

* Gran Turismo PSP ($39.99)
* God of War Chains of Olympus ($15.99)
* Secret Agent Clank ($31.99)
* LocoRoco 2 ($15.99)
* PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe ($19.99)
* Daxter ($15.99)
* Resistance Retribution ($31.99)
* MLB 09 The Show ($31.99)
* MotorStorm Arctic Edge ($39.99)

505 Games

* IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey ($29.99)

ACTIVISION

* Cabela

Seth

MD Party Room
Umm can you play these downloaded psp games on your ps3? Do they also work on old psp's?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I just had my hands-on with the PSPgo today.

To be sucint: I.am.getting.one.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You've been saying that for the past week.

Well... I can't stress it enough xD

I'll stop now though... I know I can be very annoying... My apologies

On a sidenote: Has anyone here been able to FW Update the PSPgo? System Software Update via GAME menu doesn't work, and Storage Media wasn't working either...

And since I had no wireless spots near me it was impossible to try out Tetris on it.

For the record: PSPgo comes with FW 5.70 installed

Also: Media Go's PS Store has been totally revamped, I actually like it much better now...

(hope this post was better than my last)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Undead Knight was free on psn store about 1-2 hours ago.(sony lable it as a demo 108MB for demo, 500MB for game in psn store it showed it as 500MB)

As far the psp go,i'm only get one if I can convert all my umds to digital.
Even then I still want buy my umd convert as needed.

Hellcat

Contributor
Got my GO today as well, and must say: I love it :)

While playing around with it for a while I recognized many quite small details that are very well done, so summing up to an overall well crafted device.
It really "feels solid", not just slammed into existance without thinking, I really have the impression they thought about what they do this time.

The "Pause Game" (=hibernate it, much like SaveStates from D.A.) is awesome, the clock/calendar with lit closed in XMB is nice....

Also (what I actually did NOT expect) the MS and the internal storage appear as two seperate, fully accessible, drives when plugging it in via USB.
I'd have expected the internal storage not to show up at all.

Only downside is, you can't use common USB cables, only the multi-port one comming with it.

Well, so far for my first impression, more while things come into my mind :)

Adiuvo

I got mine as well, it is in fact very nice. I should have a review up later today or tomorrow at the latest. The controls are great and the grips aren't a problem.

megaorange

Luckies I Dont Get Mine Till EDIT [STRIKE]OCT 6[/STRIKE] Just checked getting it OCT 2!! What games are available for the 3 free game b4 OCT 10

Slasher

Suck It
None, since you're in the US. It's Europe only.

What the fuck, are you serious?

Not only do they get GT for free, but they also get three additional games? Fuck me silly

I guess they are paying 250 Euros or whatever, which greatly outweighs 250 Canadian for me

Hellcat

Contributor
LOLOLOLOLOL

I just paired my PS3 controller with the PSPgo :eek:
Damn, this is fun :D using the PSP from the Sixaxis controller *lol* now I only need the cable for connecting it to the TV, then you really got a portable console - even for playing on TV from the couch \o/

Damn, this time Sony REALLY thought about what they do....

//EDIT

OHHHHH, ROTFLOLOLOLMFAO :D
Wipeout Pulse flown with the big Sixaxis.... whooooooooooooo \o/

....sorry for getting so emotional :p

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
When it's hooked up to the TV is it still in a small 480x272 box?

Dualshock sounds promising. But the No UMD drive makes me not want to buy it. ;/ i can't play the games I want with the ps3 controller if the game isn't for download