• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Go has pricing issues.

Sliderkk

You will pay $249.00 USD if you buy in the USA ($249)
You will pay $215.53 USD if you buy in Canada ($249)
You will pay $349.31 USD if you buy in Europe (

Adiuvo

Most gadgets are like this. Very few account for the exchange rate.

DrLame

Ham Eater
I constantly have to deal with this bullshit as I live in Europe now. They leave the price the same and change the symbol in front of it. If I don't get stuff sent to me from the US I pay about 1/3 more for any given item, not just electronics. But it's most noticeable with electronics. It's total rape when they do it with PS3s and iPhones with the current exchange rates.

twelve

I'm not dead
Exchange rates vary plus different countries have different taxes. In the UK we're drowing in tax on every thing, hence why everything is so much more expensive.

Looks like everyone's best bet is to import from Canada.

eldiablov

Contributor
When I heard the price of the GO I went out and bought a psp 2k with four UMDs (brand new in Tesco) for

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I constantly have to deal with this bullshit as I live in Europe now. They leave the price the same and change the symbol in front of it. If I don't get stuff sent to me from the US I pay about 1/3 more for any given item, not just electronics. But it's most noticeable with electronics. It's total rape when they do it with PS3s and iPhones with the current exchange rates.

How do you import? I'm interested too, since I also live in Europe and I don't like being buttfucked by Sony.

Ontopic:

I have raised this issue on the PSN pricings: PSP Playstation Store Considerations - Pricings - M for Mature Forums

Electronics marketing is a total piece of ****. THey must think the people are ignorant dumbasses who'll fall for all thei tricks. It's stupid really.

Arvis

Agree with things being overpriced here in Europe, i bought my PSP 2000 which somewhere abroad costs like 150$, i bought it for 150 LS, 1USD ~ 0.44LS that means i bought my PSP for 150 : 0.44 ~ 340$ :mellow:
Bought it around the time when 3000 was released. Don't really know why PSP go is expensive, hardware is kinda equal so i see no reason why would it be more expensive than 3000.

Afinda

Well besides the fact it being way to expensive for european ppl (i mean c'mon i paid 160€ for my PSP 1k) in germany it will be damn hard to get one because it won't be sold in the major electronic shops.

The reason is, that you have to buy games online with it and most germans don't own a credit card for that, especially the ones that are aimed for most: young people + the shops won't gain shit from sold games so that's why they boycot it

january39

eXo Staff
The PSP Go is way overpriced in the UK,

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The PSP Go is way overpriced in the UK,

Sony hasn't confirmed the price of the Go! in the UK yet so I wouldn't complain (for now xD)

I've decided I'm going to buy the Go! in 10 monthly installments of 25