• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Official Firmware. I need help.

Heratix

I recently bought an original copy of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and needed to downgrade my CFW (5.50 Gen-D3) to OFW (6.20). I was happy when I was able to play KHBBS but I cannot see my old games (CSO & ISO) which I stored in my MemoryStick ProDuo. I tried putting my games in different folders but to no avail. Anyone who can help me solve my problem?

Or, can anyone tell me a CFW which could play Birth By Sleep?

P.S. I can still see my saved files, videos, pictures. It's only the games I am having trouble with.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I recently bought an original copy of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and needed to downgrade my CFW (5.50 Gen-D3) to OFW (6.20). I was happy when I was able to play KHBBS but I cannot see my old games (CSO & ISO) which I stored in my MemoryStick ProDuo. I tried putting my games in different folders but to no avail. Anyone who can help me solve my problem?

Or, can anyone tell me a CFW which could play Birth By Sleep?

P.S. I can still see my saved files, videos, pictures. It's only the games I am having trouble with.

No OFW can play ISO files. You could make a Magic Memory Stick using Pandora deluxe so you wouldn't need a homebrew capable PSP but you would need one to make a pandora battery unless you hard modded the battery.

phoenixv5

If you did manage to update to Gen 5.50, that probably means your PSP is hackable.
So, as MenaceInc said, use a Pandora Battery.
Soft mod it if any of your friends have the same PSP, hacked version.
Hard mod it ONLY if you none of them have.

I hard modded it and the PSP worked fine, although I had to keep on using the Magic Memory Stick to start the PSP.
Which model do you have, 1000?

Hellcat

Contributor
[nitpick]

5.50 CFW => 6.20 OFW is "UPDATING", not "downgrading", since the target FW version is higher.

[/nitpick]

Besides that, what already has been said: get a Pandora setup and reflash CFW.

Alex

You can make a magic memory stick from your pc. I cant remember what it was called though, Hellcat might though :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

sirfkartik

How did you hack 6.20 OFW? I didn't think that was possible. That's why i'm waiting for TN. If your problem isn't solve by tommorow, then wait for TN's 6.20 hack, don't update to 6.35, and hack your PSP when the software comes. It should be out in a day or two. Check for updates here-
http://www.psp-hacks.com/

phoenixv5

6.20 is NOT hackable.
But PSP 1000s and some 2000s have a downgrader, which works on all versions of OFWs.
Also, since he had a 5.50 Gen D3 and NOT 5.03 Gen C, it means he has a fully hackable PSP.
Does that explain things sirfartik?

Esit: You're right, 6.20 TN Hen was released.
So 6.20 WAS not hackable at that time! :D

MenaceInc

Staff Member
6.20 is NOT hackable.
But PSP 1000s and some 2000s have a downgrader, which works on all versions of OFWs.
Also, since he had a 5.50 Gen D3 and NOT 5.03 Gen C, it means he has a fully hackable PSP.
Does that explain things sirfartik?

Actually, 6.20 TN was just released today so it is hackable. It's only a HEN enviroment though but who knows, maybe it'll be made into a proper CFW sometime.

Heratix

I installed 6.20 via UMD. However, I just want to know how to get back to CFW.
I just don't know how. Although I am not in a hurry to get back to CFW as I am still trying to finish the game.
However, my friend asked me to ask you guys.

Hellcat

Contributor
If you have a flashable/hackable PSP you will (more or less, maybe more less than more) soon be able to flash back to CFW from running the 6.20 HEN :)