• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP seems pretty dead.

Leecher

Whatever you do, don't get an ipod touch if it's the gaming aspect you're looking for.

Ipod games get real old real fast, and since there's no buttons the games are extremely capped and repetitive. Playing emulators on that thing is also a frustrating mess due to lack of buttons.

If it's real gaming that you're wanting to do, then I would stay away from that thing imo.

I personally prefer the PSP to the DS. The DS offers me nothing I like. I don't find the games fun at all, and it was just sitting around collecting dust when I had one for about a year when it first came out. Ended up selling it actually. PSP is better for sure, even without the use of ISO's.
I would prefer the PSP over the iPod Touch any day if it was for the gaming aspect. But overall I enjoy the iPod Touch's capabilities more than the PSP's.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I prefer the PSP over the DS any day too... The DS is just too... too... overrated xD It's a perfect console for kids to get into gaming, that I cannot deny, but it offers small choice when it comes to the hardcore gamer... But I have a personal hatred for nintendo though, for them killing off the industry (but that's a different subject).
If I had to put it in other terms, I'd say that the DS is like a big-boobed girlfriend with no brains that is perfect eye-candy for two weeks, but then just becomes boring because she has no essence... xD (no offense to big-boobed girls though :p)

Riorio99

I suggest keeping the PSP, even if you have to buy games, some of them are really worth buying (GOW, FF7: CC, Tekken: DR, Loco Roco, Patapon, etc), and stuff like Assassins Creed and Motorstorm are just around the corner.

But, to all you DS haters out there, whist the graphics aren't that great (the PSP's are ugly IMO), the gameplay is unique (mostly) and it has some true classic games (The World Ends With You, GTA Chinatown Wars and Elite Beat Agents come to mind).

raing3

Go do yourself a favor and buy a dingoo.

Those look so awesome. I've wanted to get one for a while now except I've got no money at the momment :cry:.

You can buy them from here.

• Outlook: premium design fashionable, slim and portable size with comfortable hand grip.
  • Display: 16,000,000 color 2.8-inch LTPS-TFT true color high-definition screen , broadcast effect 320 - 240, the true and clear picture quality, unique DVD Optimization technology
  • Games: play games in (8 bit/16bit/32bit) 3D/CPS2/CPS1/GBA/MVS/NEOGEO/NES/SFC/SMD formats
  • AV-out: AV-out technology gives DVD output quality, can be a portable DVD player and game console.
  • Video player: Video function supports in various format such as RMVB, RM, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, DAT, MP4, ASF and help users encold video files in an easy and convenient way.
  • MP3 player: Audio function supports MP3,WMA APE, FLAC audio format, synchronous lyrics display function, multiple EQ options,3D virtual sound field, surround sound effect and play mode options. Music can keep playing while using other application.
  • FM radio: Wide channel range from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz, support manual/auto channel scanning, FM recording and can keep playing while using other application. User can save up to 40 channels.
  • Digital recorder: Voice recording and supports MP3/WAV formats.
  • Image Browser: Image browsing format includes JPG, BMP GIF, PNG, with zoom, rotate and image slide show function.
  • E-book: Feather function includes bookmark, auto browsing, font sizing, TTS oral reading and can open with music player application.
  • U-disk virus protection: Build in anti-virus software protect and keep the system at its best performance.
  • USB 2.0 Transmission Interface: Support WIN2000/XP/VISTA/MAC Operation System.
  • Capacity: 4GB memory, supports inserted MINI SD card to expand capacity.
  • Battery: rechargeable lithium battery built-in, rechargeable by USB port or by the included USB AC charger

toufie

Dingoo's look like like a psp running homebrew with all emulators installed lol. (minus the model itself)

I think I am going to go with an iPod Touch and just shelf my PSP. Hopefully some new upcoming games will make me bust it out again.

eldiablov

Contributor
Except it's a lot cheaper and has a 7 hour+ battery life. Don't get me wrong it doesn't come without its problems. But you get what you pay for I guess ;)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I suggest keeping the PSP, even if you have to buy games, some of them are really worth buying (GOW, FF7: CC, Tekken: DR, Loco Roco, Patapon, etc), and stuff like Assassins Creed and Motorstorm are just around the corner.

But, to all you DS haters out there, whist the graphics aren't that great (the PSP's are ugly IMO), the gameplay is unique (mostly) and it has some true classic games (The World Ends With You, GTA Chinatown Wars and Elite Beat Agents come to mind).

You can't really call a bad square-enix game and a overrated spinoff or a overrated series classics man... Plus other games on the DS includes further bad ports (Chrono Trigger - at least the PS1 version had awesome cutscenes -.-), overmade ports (Super Mario and Super Mario Kart, take #1000), bad Zelda games (seriously what's up with Nintendo and killing awesome franchises?), and the oh-so-always overrated Pokemon series (it was fun when it was new, now it's just plain boring)... Oh and should I remind everyone Nintendogs is considered one of the DS' best games?

Though the PSP also its heavy share of ports but also has some innovative content (LocoRoco, Patapon) and solid games (Metal Gear Solid, GoW, Crisis Core) much more so than the DS.

WildArmsV

You can't really call a bad square-enix game and a overrated spinoff or a overrated series classics man... Plus other games on the DS includes further bad ports (Chrono Trigger - at least the PS1 version had awesome cutscenes -.-), overmade ports (Super Mario and Super Mario Kart, take #1000), bad Zelda games (seriously what's up with Nintendo and killing awesome franchises?), and the oh-so-always overrated Pokemon series (it was fun when it was new, now it's just plain boring)... Oh and should I remind everyone Nintendogs is considered one of the DS' best games?

Though the PSP also its heavy share of ports but also has some innovative content (LocoRoco, Patapon) and solid games (Metal Gear Solid, GoW, Crisis Core) much more so than the DS.

PS: im not saying DS is better than psp or psp is better than DS,. each one have their own stuff

What do u mean? D: all Zelda portatil are awesome, specially DS one, i had to blow to turn off candles, i had to close the DS and open it again to see the reverse of a map x.x, and lots of great features, all zelda portatil are really good, ive played them all, and each one have their own "magic". And one of the best DS games could be Avalon code, wich came out a little ago, nintendogs is too old already. And there are some good DS games coming like Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, oh and the freacking dragon quest 5 pwnz so bad, it never came to america before, and well, ill stop now (This is psp forum section) xD,

In conclusion, there are as many good games of psp as DS have, the problem with DS is that it have a whole lot more of useless games, and make it look more for kids... I guess we can imagine that making the chips for DS games is way more cheaper than UMD for psp :(

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
No WildArmsV... It's not that it's cheaper... It's that Nintendo has NO quality control so any piece of crap can come out to any of their consoles, and that is why shovelware appears on Nintendo by the thousands...

What I find astounding though is a guy claiming the PSP is dead because he can't pirate... It's so unconceivable I think the Earth is rolling in it's grave and it's not even dead yet

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
He may be reffering to the lack of developpement in the homebrew sector...this is because it's really hard to develop anything with the new mobos

Slasher

Suck It
He may be reffering to the lack of developpement in the homebrew sector...this is because it's really hard to develop anything with the new mobos

Not true whatsoever. Please avoid making comments about things that you apparently know nothing about.

HEN-A

Contributer
Just give it a while :).

This owhened project(ISO LOADER FOR HEN) looks real.

Maybe you should wait until we recieve notice if it is going to be relesed or not if it is real that is ;).

toufie

Owhened project is cool, but I am not getting my hopes up on it. I am really interested in seeing someone make a PSX emulator (that runs at full speed or relatively close). That would make me fall in love with my PSP all over again.

Azaki

I don't know why there is this interest of iso: Games are not as expensive as they were (remember the games on SNES or NES? And Neo Geo games...).
Using iso to see if a game is great, then buy it, that's cool.
You don't like to have the UMD in your hands, and say "That's mine" ?

(Sorry for my bad english, again).

-chw42-

Like a Boss
New PSP at E3. Should cause somewhat of a revival.

Slasher

Suck It
Owhened project is cool, but I am not getting my hopes up on it. I am really interested in seeing someone make a PSX emulator (that runs at full speed or relatively close). That would make me fall in love with my PSP all over again.

Nobody will be making a PSX emulator, mostly due to the fact that Sony has already made one for us (you know, the one that cfw PSPs can use).

Once plugins are enabled alongside the XMB in HEN R3, then somebody may just come along and create a plugin which would enable psx games to be launched. I'm not guaranteeing that would happen, but at least then it would be more plausible I would think.

mokona91

I don't know why there is this interest of iso: Games are not as expensive as they were (remember the games on SNES or NES? And Neo Geo games...).

Haha I totaly agree with you xD

I like to have the box and the UMD if I like the game .

WildArmsV

those didnt even reached my country... so imagine actual prices of games of the actual consoles >.<. But yeah, i love game boxes :D

HEN-A

Contributer
Personally I dont care for PSP ISOS(Although If it is possible in the future I will use them :laugh:)as there are not many that have stolen my interest.

I would just like to use my PSX games mostly as they are what really interest me.