• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSPSDK Install Help

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Hello All,

Since the release of ChickHEN R2, I have been keen to do some programming on the PSP. I seem to have found the perfect utility to do so, PSPSDK!

So what is the problem... Well the thread topic says all. Yes, I kind of know where to get the files from but don't know HOW to extract or install them. I have heard that you need cygwin on your pc to actually extract and install BUT they're also seems to be a Win32 toolchain as well.

So, to summarise, could somebody post a guide or a link to a guide on how to find(possibly), install and setup the PSPSDK environment? I am quite keen on starting my programming asap.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

irekski

just irekski
so psp programming is all C?? not C# but C? if thats the case GG

Hardrive

Contributor
The PSPSDK compiles C and C++ code. I have seen threads on compiling D code as well.

You can program for the PSP through Lua and Python interpreters. There may be other interpreters that I am not aware of.

irekski

just irekski
this i got to study >:)

now i know WEEEEEE

Slasher

Suck It
If you want to install the win32 PSPSDK, then this is your one stop spot: MinPSPW Project

I think it's a pretty straightforward installation. Just install it like anything else. Then download the libs on the side of the website if you need to use them.

Do you have any prior programming experience?

Dboy6778

i want to the "sdk" in this thread,does it mean the "r3 sdk" programmed by Dv?

i mean how could i get the sdk on R3,i want to make some homebrew~

thx

karnbmx

i want to the "sdk" in this thread,does it mean the "r3 sdk" programmed by Dv?

i mean how could i get the sdk on R3,i want to make some homebrew~

thx

There is no "r3 sdk". By the way... R3 isn't even released yet! But yeah... PSPSDK is one... but you need C or C++ programming experience, which I don't have.(this answers lilspanyol's question).

I might help you (I'd love to) , but do you have experience in c programming?
If not , LUA might be better for you

Lua programming for PSP tutorial : EvilMana.com - Tutorials

I do however, have JAVA experience.

karnbmx

I might help you (I'd love to) , but do you have experience in c programming?
If not , LUA might be better for you

Lua programming for PSP tutorial : EvilMana.com - Tutorials

LUA sounds great actually. I had a look at it and thought it would be pretty nifty. But I have a problem. Which .zip file do I download? Do I download the 1.0 version, 1.5 version or the source for win32?

A prompt response would be nice.
:)