• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Puzzle Quest:Galactrix

Sinfulfate

I have never played a Puzzle Quest game before. This may be my entry into them.

This one is alot different than the first one and I hear that it not as good as the original but I hope the delay for XBLA release was to fix the many issues with the PC/DS versions.

I would definitely recommend you going back and playing the original. Puzzle Quest is a perfect game(if you like bejeweled and rpgs) since all they did was take the near perfect DS version fixed the bugs, added HD graphics, online multiplayer and sold it for half the price as the ds/psp versions. You can pick up the first one on PSN for like $10 with the expansion which is a great deal(I think its still $10 for the game and $5 for the expansion on XBLA).

Robby

Los Doyers!
I loved the original Puzzle Quest for the XBLA. It was really fun and time consuming.

I might pick this up.

Joey

I still can't decide if I like this game. I kind of wish they didn't change the "4 in a row" getting you an extra turn. That was a huge layer of strategy that just got ripped out of the game.

Sinfulfate

I still can't decide if I like this game. I kind of wish they didn't change the "4 in a row" getting you an extra turn. That was a huge layer of strategy that just got ripped out of the game.

Its still in the game its just now you need 5 in a row for an extra turn instead of 4. Im pretty sure they did this because getting 4 in a row was pretty easy and in Puzzle Quest you could literally beat people without letting them get a turn.

Joey

Its still in the game its just now you need 5 in a row for an extra turn instead of 4. Im pretty sure they did this because getting 4 in a row was pretty easy and in Puzzle Quest you could literally beat people without letting them get a turn.

You sure? Because I get five in a row all the time, and I don't remeber getting any free turns.

It's been a little while since I played I guess.

Sinfulfate

You sure? Because I get five in a row all the time, and I don't remeber getting any free turns.

It's been a little while since I played I guess.

Ya Im sure.

I played the demo on XBLA and man what a disappointment. They didn't fix any of the bugs from the PC/DS versions and for some reason the 360 version has lots of loading screens like the DS version which is really annoying. Also they must have not play tested this game because the whole hacking light gate mini games are just pointless time sinks and actually punishes you for playing well. And they want $20 for this? The original was only $15 and is a much better game. The game is still as addicting as ever tho but so many problems make the game more frustrating than fun.