• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Quake Live BETA

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Well I just got my key today for the Quake Live BETA, it looks pretty good so far, it's layed out nearly the same as Battlefield Heroes, it is launched through browser and the settings are all done through the browser and assigned to your account, not the client, i'll update this later after i've played it.

Serideth

I presume you signe up for a key? I'm not sure I like the sound of the browser for configuring all the settings.

What if I go to play this on my account in an internet cafe, will have to reset all my settings.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I signed up ages ago, but It's better for configuring the settings through browser, you will have to change the settings to suite the PC your on.

Serideth

I signed up ages ago, but It's better for configuring the settings through browser, you will have to change the settings to suite the PC your on.

How is it better? I don't see what's wrong with the classic way of doing things.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Well, I think it's alot faster than loading the client to just change the settings, you can still change them while in the client so it doesn't really matter what you preffer, I just did the first match you do while doing training, and it's pretty good, basic FPS but more fast paced, the graphics are ok, no AA yet, it will be a great hit for people who have played Quake before, still the same weapons, it isn't that buggy either, it'd be nice if you can skip the training, but so far it's good.

Serideth

Well, I think it's alot faster than loading the client to just change the settings, you can still change them while in the client so it doesn't really matter what you preffer, I just did the first match you do while doing training, and it's pretty good, basic FPS but more fast paced, the graphics are ok, no AA yet, it will be a great hit for people who have played Quake before, still the same weapons, it isn't that buggy either, it'd be nice if you can skip the training, but so far it's good.

Ohhhh right, sorry I thought you could only change them via the webpage, that's not too bad then, post some screen shots up when you get a chance :D

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
1quake.png

2quake.png

3quake.png

1440x900 fullscreen.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
How are they sending out the beta key's? Is it in groups or just random emails?

I didn't get one yet...

Colm

I registered for a key a while back. I'll check my mail now.
Key registrations were up a while back.

EDIT: I don't have it.

Serideth

@Eran, I know what you mean, most of these Beta things a complete BS when it comes down to who gets what.