• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Questions About The Recent PSP Activity

Dan

Contributor
So i've been off the scene for quite a bit, and i've managed to fix the terminals (for charging) in my PSP. Now, i checked System Firmware and i'm on 5.00 M33-3. So..

1. How would i go about updating to 5.03 for HEN & CFWe/GEN( Bypassing the 5.50 update )
2. If i have internet connectivity, i'm assuming there will be a "firmware hider" or something to trick the PSN store so i can download shizzle?

Dan

Contributor
EDIT: I've installed ChickenR2 finally, but after i launch CFWEnabler 3.50, it just returns to the XMB, no change :[

Cryox

Bro.
So i've been off the scene for quite a bit, and i've managed to fix the terminals (for charging) in my PSP. Now, i checked System Firmware and i'm on 5.00 M33-3. So..

1. How would i go about updating to 5.03 for HEN & CFWe/GEN( Bypassing the 5.50 update )
2. If i have internet connectivity, i'm assuming there will be a "firmware hider" or something to trick the PSN store so i can download shizzle?

First off, why would you want to go from a M33 firmware to a HEN? From what I understand, having Custom Firmware is far better than having a HEN or CFWe on your PSP.

Cryox

Bro.
Cheers man, i didn't know there was a breakthrough in 5.50 :l

Do you mean new features or just a new CFW? I didn't either until i checked real fast. I am, however, a M33 person so i won't be using this.

(your 2nd question)Also if you can't use the PSN store on your PSP, I think there is a app for the PC that should work, although I don't have the slightest clue as to what it would be, so someone else will need to fill you in on that.

Do you have any other questions, or does the GEN-A cfw answer them all?

Dan

Contributor
Hm, actually, from what i've just looked up GEN-A has caused a lot of bricking/faults in others PSP's.

Maybe i should just revert back to 5.00 M33-4.. would i have to use My Pandora + MMS for this or has some other way been discovered since?

& The post before i meant i didn't know that 5.50 was hacked :p

Cryox

Bro.
Since you have a pandora, You might as well try to upgrade to the GEN-A. If anything goes wrong, whip out that handy-dandy pandora (yeah, that was a blues clues reference) and restore back to what ever firmware you have loaded on the MMS. Or you could just go back to 5.00 M33-6 and wait until the 5.50 GEN-B comes out.

Up to you though.

Dan

Contributor
Just trying to do the update, but i've found the CFW Enabler for ChickHEN ( Phat ) so i'll give that a blast now and update tomorrow.

Cheers for your help.

Cryox

Bro.
Just trying to do the update, but i've found the CFW Enabler for ChickHEN ( Phat ) so i'll give that a blast now and update tomorrow.

Cheers for your help.

Anytime, and thanks for the rep :D

Dan

Contributor
Right hang on, is there actually any CFWe for the Phat? Every one i download seems to be for the 2000 or 2000/3000 :/

DrLame

Ham Eater
In my humble opinion, it's kinda silly to be upgrading from 5.00m33-6. M33 has always definitely been the firmware. If you're wanting to go past that, it's back into the realm of the 'experimental' firmwares, which are notoriously problematic.

But, I'm also a huge stability fan. In fact, I didn't upgrade my fat from 3.52m33-4 until 3.80m33 came out, then I stepped up to 3.72m33-4 which had proved to be very reliable. I updated to 5.00m33-6 soon before the HEN release, because it also proved to be really stable. And it is, I have no problems what-so-ever.

But that's just mai 2 cents

Dan

Contributor
Yeah, thanks for the opinion guys. I saw the light and decided to Pandora back to 5.00M33.