• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Quick Question Regarding Transfers

Dan

Contributor
My PS3 YLOD'd last night, which I'm pissed off with as you can imagine. I didn't back up my hard drive, because it wasn't necessarily something I foresaw.

I phoned up Sony and luckily it was the same guy I spoke to last March regarding my Blu-Ray drive, who got it fixed for free although my warranty ran out. He gave me another 3 months warranty, which obviously now has run out. So! He understood that there had been previous faults with my unit and said they'd ship out a brand new one for me tomorrow and collect my broken one. Win.

Regarding my PSN downloads, how would I go about getting them back? I mean the stuff I paid for, games, map packs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
If you're signed onto the same PSN account, then just go to shopping cart or download history, I assume the latter then just re-download everything you want :)

Dan

Contributor
Ah right, thanks. I just thought that as you needed to pay to access the download link on the PlayStation Store (e.g. map packs) , I might have had to again.

Dan

Contributor
Yeah, I know. I asked the bloke if he'd let me keep the hard drive, but he said there's no point as it'd just reformat itself anyway.

I had ALL my music and photos on there as well. I don't like to clog up my PC's, and don't have an external hard drive, plus my iPod's only 8GB.

Seems like a sign from Jeebus that I should invest.

Sinfulfate

I have a similar question. Im about to buy a slim so is there anyway I can transfer all my stuff(mainly my games I got through game sharing) to my slim? I still have my old PS3 that works so i can just transfer the stuff over but not sure how I can activate my game shared games to work on my new PS3.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have a similar question. Im about to buy a slim so is there anyway I can transfer all my stuff(mainly my games I got through game sharing) to my slim? I still have my old PS3 that works so i can just transfer the stuff over but not sure how I can activate my game shared games to work on my new PS3.

You can try using the Back-Up Utility, but I don't think it will work transferring games from one PS3 to another.

I'm sure someone else here may have tried it though.

Scorned

The only thing that's unrecoverable is your games saves, which sucks.

But thats not that big of a problem compared to Game-Shared games. Least you can easily just save it on a memory stick, USB drive, whatever, and then transport it to your next PS3.

twelve

I'm not dead
But thats not that big of a problem compared to Game-Shared games. Least you can easily just save it on a memory stick, USB drive, whatever, and then transport it to your next PS3.
He got the YLOD. How is he going to get the saves onto removable storage?

Hence why I said unrecoverable.

Dan

Contributor
Guys, I just updated my new PS3 and all in all, it's fine, after loading about 14GB of music & photo's.

Only thing is, the TV icon isn't there; Any suggestions?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Guys, I just updated my new PS3 and all in all, it's fine, after loading about 14GB of music & photo's.

Only thing is, the TV icon isn't there; Any suggestions?

This in not an isolated issue. People who send their YLOD PS3's to Warranty in the UK get consoles NOT from the UK and therefore are unable to have the TV icon.

My guess? They gave you a EU non-UK PS3.

Dan

Contributor
I'm curious now. I'm thinking of getting Play TV, but considering all of the above, would it work on my immigrant of a PS3?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm curious now. I'm thinking of getting Play TV, but considering all of the above, would it work on my immigrant of a PS3?

Most likely no... I searched to see if I could get it on my PS3 if I made an UK account, but I haven't come across anything.

If you do though, would you please share? :p

edit: just came up to me: Why in the blue hell does Sony separate the UK from the rest of the EU... Seriously, sometimes it pisses me off... We can't get stuff like VidZone (which is coming to outside the UK... one day) and access to some betas like the current Planet Minigolf beta... Seriously... Why are we considered second-class costumers?