• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Quickscoping In Black Ops !?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
When I Was Watching Black Ops Multiplayer Trailer , i Noticed That It Was Kinda Hard Quickscoping ! Post Your Opinions Below
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://youtube.com/CinematicCreations

Yeah he hardscoped, quickscoping will be possible though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I despise "quick scoping", really takes away from the fun of sniping. But then again, it's an entirely different version of "sniping" that you guys seem to have a lot of fun doing

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I despise "quick scoping", really takes away from the fun of sniping. But then again, it's an entirely different version of "sniping" that you guys seem to have a lot of fun doing

Yeah fair enough. People seem to have different views. I actually rarely quickscope. In publics I usually hardscope or just quickscope really close range kills when I know I can kill them. I only only quickscope in open lobbies.

angelsniper45

Yeah. Whenever i use the intervention i never use sleight of hand, i agree with frozen on this one. If you snipe normally, it adds a certain amount of realism, and thats fine with me to. But seriously, how many people do you know who can actually "quickscope" with a real barret, those rifles are taller than you probably are.

El Diablo

I have a friend and all he will do is quick scope. If he sees me or anyone for that matter with a sniper hard scope, let alone kill him with a hard scope he rages "hard scoping is the dumbest fucking thing in the game, it takes no skill, blah blah blah" it really pisses me off. Then he will go and say how bad of a game BFBC2, and any other fps game, because you can't quick scope, yet at the same time he will bitch about how stupid games are when they aren't realistic, and he's running around quick scoping people as if it's an assault rifle. I love hypocrisy.

Meh. Just a different style of gameplay. Doesn't really bother me as it has it's risk/reward factor. I tend to hardscope for a short period of time, but I like to move around and be on the frontlines.

Realism shouldn't dictate how you would play. I mean, pretty much every multiplayer game has barely any tie to realism.

Quickscoping I feel is something not catered for properly in COD. W@W had their Bolt-Action rifles, which are incredibly fun to use.. Bad Company 2 has RDS for their rifles, and even shotguns with slug rounds.

Also, OP, do you mind not capitalizing every word; for some reason it makes me read what you write differently in my head, like i'm emphasizing every word.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Quick scoping doesn't take skill at all either.

You are just using the aim assist, no skill what so ever.
Although, when I use a sniper, I just quick scope because it looks cool when I kill someone.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Also, OP, do you mind not capitalizing every word; for some reason it makes me read what you write differently in my head, like i'm emphasizing every word.

I concur.

Quick scoping doesn't take skill at all either.

You are just using the aim assist, no skill what so ever.
Although, when I use a sniper, I just quick scope because it looks cool when I kill someone.

It definitely does take some skill... Or some people wouldn't be better than others at quickscoping.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I guess you just gotta be quicker then others.

Because me and my friends can pull off quick scopes, some good looking ones, and even from longer distances but we don't practice or try to get better.
I'm not using no skill when I quickscope, just line up the guy where i think my bullet will go and let the auto assist take care of the rest.

Also, my friends who suck ass at MW2 can be lucky enough to pull of quickscopes. I mean, every games they go negative but when we try to do quickscopes, they can pull them off.

angelsniper45

Meh. Just a different style of gameplay. Doesn't really bother me as it has it's risk/reward factor. I tend to hardscope for a short period of time, but I like to move around and be on the frontlines.

Realism shouldn't dictate how you would play. I mean, pretty much every multiplayer game has barely any tie to realism.

Quickscoping I feel is something not catered for properly in COD. W@W had their Bolt-Action rifles, which are incredibly fun to use.. Bad Company 2 has RDS for their rifles, and even shotguns with slug rounds.

The sniping in BFBC2 was the main reason i played that game, (apart from campaign, cuz that was pretty awsome to) but its much more of a challenge. The only thing i didnt like about it was how long the matches were.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Quickscoping sucks ass.

Once I learn to do it right THEN it'll be cool.