• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Red Faction Guerilla

eldiablov

Contributor
Publisher: THQ
Developer: Volition
Platform: Multi

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5ecIpTEb4[/YT]

Plot according to wikipedia said:
Red Faction: Guerrilla takes place in 2208, 50 years after the events of the first Red Faction, and about 45 years after the events of Red Faction II. The Earth Defense Force, the allies in the original "Red Faction", has become the main antagonist of Guerrilla. The organisation has now turned to kidnapping people, and putting them in forced work camps for their own profit.

This time around, players assume the command of character, Alec Mason, a miner who rebels against the EDF. Alec is seen wearing a green army jacket and cargo trousers, and is a man of unknown background. He entered the war against the EDF because of his brother’s murder and has become a part of the newly re-formed Red Faction, whose motto is "Better Red than Dead".

Rick White revealed that most of the game will take place on the terraformed surface of Mars, with other locations including the Ultor labs, where you pay homage to the first Red Faction. Not much else is known of the game’s plot.

I just got a chance to play this demo on my PS3, to get a code to download the demo go to THQ's website and register.

Though i'm a glorified action fan I have to say that this game is just fucking awesome. Every building can be destroyed as well as other structures (bridges etc) and i'm not just talking Battlefield style, I mean the builiding will crumble into pieces.

The demo is one mission and the game is set to have 16 player online capabilities and just by playing the demo I am already in the process of preordering it.

PS: The demo may only be available to Europeans, i'm not too sure yet.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I got a code a couple days ago for PS3, so I might download it this weekend. I think it was through email because I signed up with them a long time ago.

I haven't even really read about it too much, so I hope the demo is pretty good. I'll write my thoughts on it in the coming days though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
For those that don't have a key you might be able to grab a demo key from: http://www.thq-games.com/uk/bonuscodes

EDIT: Confirmed, the code they provide works :) I have a US account and it doesn't seem to make a difference that it is a UK giveaway. You just need a THQ account and then you can get a demo key for either the PS3 or 360

EDIT2: It says this on the site "Please note, these keys are region-locked to European Xbox LIVE and PSN accounts - they are not valid in North America or any other country outside the EU." - However I entered in my code and it works!?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
For those that don't have a key you might be able to grab a demo key from: http://www.thq-games.com/uk/bonuscodes

EDIT: Confirmed, the code they provide works :) I have a US account and it doesn't seem to make a difference that it is a UK giveaway. You just need a THQ account and then you can get a demo key for either the PS3 or 360

EDIT2: It says this on the site "Please note, these keys are region-locked to European Xbox LIVE and PSN accounts - they are not valid in North America or any other country outside the EU." - However I entered in my code and it works!?

Heh, maybe I should use my code ASAP then. Although the download could be region-free, but executable might not be.

Adiuvo

Worked fine for me as well.

Riorio99

I've got the demo, but I haven't played it yet. My uncle loved the PS2 Red Faction game, but I never got round to playing them, should be good.

user friendly

Had quite a bit of fun with this one. The remote mines are a "blast". Shooting feels a little weak but the hammer makes up for that. I love taking down buildings with that thing. The mech was badass as well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Had quite a bit of fun with this one. The remote mines are a "blast". Shooting feels a little weak but the hammer makes up for that. I love taking down buildings with that thing. The mech was badass as well.

The great thing is, there will be a much more agile mech with a jetpack :) if you go to the official website @ redfaction.com you can see 4 videos on the "tools of destruction"

FranzH

For the Helghast!

Agree! Love this game and the destruction in it :)

If I had to nitpick the only think I would say is that the floor/rocks don't even scratch when you detonate a mine on them.

Going to get this as soon as it is out!

Edit: Just Pre-ordered it now xD